Wiki Posts
Search

Reserve 1A?

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2019, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Executive Club - Gold, HH - Gold, Marriott - Gold
Reserve 1A?

Just a quick one. I’ve booked/reserved first to Miami then onto New Orleans on the 747 next January and I was told that in order for me to reserve 1A I would need to call Exec Club and have them remove my silver number and re-add it so it’s recognised as gold on the system once it’s been updated.

Is this correct or should it automatically realise I’m gold and let me reserve the first row seats?
Old May 3, 2019, 1:40 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, that's correct advice (I'm almost surprised actually). If you are a long term Gold it should get it right, but if you have recently, um, transitioned then it may not work unless you remove the number and re-enter it. The Finnair website is sometimes used for this, but hopefully a call will also do the trick.
orbitmic and Spinstorm like this.
Old May 4, 2019, 9:56 am

Programs: BA Gold
I just achieved gold last week and have flights booked in First from LHR HK in September.

On outbound I could only get 4A, which I booked whilst I was still Silver, so I checked once I achieved Gold and it let me switch seats to 1A without having to do anything 'funny' (So maybe they have made some improvements in their systems, or I was just lucky?).
Old May 4, 2019, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by stuvoi
I just achieved gold last week and have flights booked in First from LHR HK in September.

On outbound I could only get 4A, which I booked whilst I was still Silver, so I checked once I achieved Gold and it let me switch seats to 1A without having to do anything 'funny' (So maybe they have made some improvements in their systems, or I was just lucky?).
Not really, it's just hit and miss. Always worth trying as is, but if you know row 1 is available and it is not offered, then worth taking the FFP number off and re-input it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.