FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   A couple of new "mini" DOs..... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1968059-couple-new-mini-dos.html)

p78 May 3, 2019 10:25 am

Tempted by TIA I will finish work on 21 at 13.30 and can drive 6 people from PAX LHR parking to LGW if anyone interested in transfer

snaxmuppet May 3, 2019 10:38 am

Mrs Snaxmuppet and I are up for both... I might even make it to the do this time too after my cancellation for GIB!

We would be looking to stay a couple of days at each as neither of us have been to either place.

I will post once booked. :)

p78 May 3, 2019 10:55 am

book TIA for 296GBP (-30GBP using 3750 avios)
BA2648 on 21 March 2020 3F
BA2651 on 22 March 2020 3F

I will book room at Hilton Garden Inn (I can share room) or is another official Hotel ?

also anyone who will need late transfer from LHR to LGW can contact me I will drive my 7 Seater from PAX LHR parking

sorry cannot do SOF I will do just first class trip on ANA week earlier

and after TIA I going also to SIN/SYD/DPS family vacation ....

LondonAndy May 3, 2019 11:20 am

Originally Posted by p78 (Post 31063718)
I will book room at Hilton Garden Inn (I can share room) or is another official Hotel ?

I'm not going that weekend, but the concensus seemed to be that the HGI was a bit too far out of town? I guess those who are going can agree amongst themselves, but I wouldn't book a non-cancellable rate just yet...

jfallesen May 3, 2019 12:17 pm

Sounds like fun! :-) Flights booked and wiki updated.

bisonrav May 3, 2019 12:20 pm

In for Sofia too - will update the wiki.

You can do Sofia with a Lux shuffle for 320 TP, £541 (or can be 522 if you come back on the Monday)

https://www.google.com/flights?hl=en...;sd:1;t:f;tt:m

I'm not doing this so haven't gone through the fine detail.

peter h May 3, 2019 12:27 pm

Spend a random Saturday night in Albania? I had a price match voucher sitting there doing nothing, so why not...

Wiki updated.

bisonrav May 3, 2019 12:37 pm

Start in jersey for TIA and you can get 200 TPS with easy timings (B2B to Jersey). Cost me £285.76 with £20 pp to come if all goes well. I think that price has gone now but may be useful for other dates.

snaxmuppet May 3, 2019 12:57 pm

Booked. :)

I couldn't book the Hilton in SOF as there is no availaibilty for my 3 nights (it looks like the Saturday night is still available for 1 night stays though). I booked a hotel 8 mins walk away so can easily meet up.

I booked the HGI at TIR.

I have never booked any trip this far in advance and already excited!!!

KARFA May 3, 2019 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by p78 (Post 31063718)

my brief research on tirana has led me to think the HGI is a bit far out for a short trip. there are loads of cheap & decent hotels right in the centre of town which i would probably choose instead tbh.

corporate-wage-slave May 3, 2019 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by LondonAndy (Post 31063805)
I'm not going that weekend, but the concensus seemed to be that the HGI was a bit too far out of town?

It's 2 miles from Skanderberg Square, and 10 miles / under 30 minutes from the airport. There are quite a few places within walking distance, it's inside the downtown loop, just. Taxis are cheap and easy in Tirana, from the HGI to Skanderberg it would be about 4€ and to the airport about 15€. Public transport is at near give-away prices and easy to use, 40 cents a ride. There are plenty of cheap and good-ish quality non chain hotels nearer in to the centre. The HGI is very new however.

bisonrav May 3, 2019 1:09 pm

Seems quite a similar situation in Sofia from a cursory glance, with lots of inexpensive hotels in the centre of the town, and the Hilton being quite a way out.

snaxmuppet May 3, 2019 1:09 pm

I will keep my HGI booking in TIR and Magic Castle Hotel in SOF for now and if we settle on a better option then I can cancel (booked via Booking.com so easy to cancel) :)

I just wanted to get a booking made for now because I had trouble booking the Hilton in SOF for my 3 nights.

corporate-wage-slave May 3, 2019 1:17 pm

The CWS Approved hotel in Tirana is the Mondial (though it's pricey by Tirana standards, 60€ plus on my rate), and the Hilton in SOF, which is a much bigger city and is one of the better Hiltons that I know, very good on Diamond upgrades.

teledude May 3, 2019 1:25 pm

I will stick with HGI and Hilton..... for now :)