Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Possible to register two different frequent flyer number on BA flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Possible to register two different frequent flyer number on BA flights?

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2019, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK*LifetimeG, AY*S, Member of LH, BA, VS, NH and FI
Possible to register two different frequent flyer numbers on BA flights?

I am a newbie regarding Britih Airways flights, this question might be asked before. I hope that you guys still can help me.

I have silver status at Finnair, and no status at BA. I would like to use my silver status, but would like to earn tier points and AVIOS in Executive Club.
Is it possible?

If not, is it possible to check in with Finnair number, then check in again and change to BA number?
I have a basic ticket, so the seat will be allocated by machine. I remember I get a better seat assigned because of the status.

Last edited by fqtvcph; May 2, 2019 at 4:19 pm Reason: typo
Old May 3, 2019, 3:01 pm

1) You can use the Finnair website to change your FF program and membership number. Have your Finnair one in there to start with, for seat selection and check in, then change it to the BA one before the flight (but after entering the lounge.) If you have another flight switch it back to Finnair before check in, then switch to BA before the flight. I haven't tried this but I have heard that others have and claimed it worked.

2) If you get a good agent on the phone, you can have them put in different programs and membership numbers for FQTS (used for status) and FQTV (used for earning miles/avios.) This is what I have done in the past (although not for quite a few years!)

3) You could just have your BA number in there and flash your Finnair card when necessary (not a particularly high tech method, but should work, mostly!) Although this won't get you seat selection, so in this case you might want to use a hybrid of #1 and #3 .

I found #2 pretty easy - one call (maybe two if you don't get the right agent first time) and it's done! (Assuming BA's IT systems still provide for this.)

rb211.
Old May 3, 2019, 4:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by RB211
2) If you get a good agent on the phone, you can have them put in different programs and membership numbers for FQTS (used for status) and FQTV (used for earning miles/avios.) This is what I have done in the past (although not for quite a few years!)
Wow. Has that really worked with BA?
I used to do that with SQ. I would put my FQTS for SQ to get PPS status but my earnings would go to LH.
That was about a decade ago. When did you last do it with BA? Can you then get the TPs and put the miles on another airlines?

PS: Funny that for this subject, the OP's nickname has fqtv in it
Old May 3, 2019, 6:40 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
I've never experienced it work (I tried it when I was using QF for service. e.g. to use the status rather than earn it, while earning TP/miles on BA).

I used to do that with SQ. I would put my FQTS for SQ to get PPS status but my earnings would go to LH.
I do this routinely and it still works fine. However, that is how SQ system is set up, and that is enabled purely by their revenue-based qualification criteria for PPS anyway. You can't do it for non-PPS KF status.

Can you then get the TPs and put the miles on another airlines?
Not on BA.
Old May 3, 2019, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
That was about a decade ago. When did you last do it with BA? Can you then get the TPs and put the miles on another airlines?

PS: Funny that for this subject, the OP's nickname has fqtv in it
Yes, it has really worked with BA... but I fear it's about eight years since I did it. See my post from 2011: Old Post

There is no way to separate the credit for Avios and TPs. They both go to the same place!

(Yes, that is quite amusing!)

rb211.
Old May 4, 2019, 2:46 am

Programs: BAEC
When myflights was still available I could see that BA still has FQTV and FQTS as well as FQTU against my bookings. I would hope that if you put the right numbers in the V and S fields theh should work as designed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.