Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Seat assignment for injured passengers - won’t clear seats?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat assignment for injured passengers - won’t clear seats?

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2019, 8:32 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RB211
Isn't there one gate at T5A that can accommodate an A380? I seem to be quite sure I have boarded an A380 from T5A, but only once, and IIRC it was A18. Or am I making this up?

rb211.
a18 can and often is used for widebody aircraft 777/787/747 but not for an A380.
Old May 3, 2019, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
a18 can and often is used for widebody aircraft 777/787/747 but not for an A380.
Thanks for the information KARFA. I'll have to look back through my records and see if I can find out what type of plane it was.

rb211.
Old May 4, 2019, 6:08 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by KARFA
I thought it was guaranteed? There are only certain A380 gates on T5C (C55, C56, C57, C61, C62, C63, C64, and C65) and they all have three jetbridges. There are a few T5B gates also usuable for the A380 but they don't seem to be used often.
At least once I've boarded a 380 from LHR where there was no upper jetbridge (don't know if the jet bridge was not working or they were using a different gate). Secondly, does every 380 destination have three jetbridges? I don't think so. You'd need to avoid the stairs on boarding AND disembarkation.
Old May 4, 2019, 6:20 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by abligh
Secondly, does every 380 destination have three jetbridges?
Thats what I am trying to work out

It seems BOS only has two but it has one jetbridge for each deck in any case. Do you know one that doesn’t have any jetbridge to the upper deck routinely?

At LHR in your case it sounds like either the upper deck jetbridge was not attached at that stage of boarding or was out of service. The a380s only use the three jetbridges gates in my experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.