Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

M&S Onboard Menu Summer 2019 (shorthaul buy on board)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&S Onboard Menu Summer 2019 (shorthaul buy on board)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2019, 3:23 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Geordie405
Have the Avios prices changed too? I was charged 350 Avios for a cup of tea on the flight from NCL down to LHR on Sunday (or should that be "up" to LHR as one was flying to the capital?) but as that was probably only my second BoB purchase I don't have much to compare it with.
At some point they went up from the original price of 300 Avios to 355 on the latest menu.

I think the conversion it relatively fixed to the cash price.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by zappomatic
Ah this must be a CityFlyer thing
Quite frankly, CityFlyer is just the more civilised airline concept. It's a very enjoyable service for passengers!
Old Apr 30, 2019, 4:28 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
So still no word on giving any 'elites' a free drink onboard (in Y)?
Yes, the word is all shiny card holders have to pay.

Intrigued by the tonic. I prefer Fever Tree now to Schweppes but will have to try this new Schweppes offering!
Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:17 pm

It is as if the person that puts the food offering together doesn’t have a brain.

Excuse me but you don’t need to be a genius to know that you should include a vegan option because it is 2019 AND it appeals to a wide range of people (vegans, vegetarians, people who like to eat more healthy, non vegans...etc.)

Drinks selection is an improvement but again a smoothie option would be welcome (see BOB SAS)
GaxxyFlyer likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 2:46 am

What about the new coffee? Is it instant coffee now or what (related to bring your own cup)? The previous coffee was one of the only drinkable coffees in the skies and I was even tempted to buy a cup when traveling in CE due to the more or less tasteless coffee there.

Originally Posted by dddc
So if a passenger brings onboard a paper cup from a retailer in the airport, will that count? If you cleaned out a paper cup, it would be reusable.
My guess is "as long as you are not requesting a cup you are reusing" - or in other words, they are selling hot drinks, add a cup for 15p if needed.
Old May 1, 2019, 3:28 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Discus
What about the new coffee? Is it instant coffee now or what (related to bring your own cup)? The previous coffee was one of the only drinkable coffees in the skies and I was even tempted to buy a cup when traveling in CE due to the more or less tasteless coffee there.
The full menu is linked from post 1, but here are the tea and coffee panels:

Union Coffee continues in CE, and LCY is about to get it too, replacing the Rainforest Alliance dishwater. I haven't tried the new coffee bags yet - coffee bags are actually the norm on airlines generally - but the one advantage I can see of them is allowing for people to decide on the strength of their coffee by controlling the stewing time.
Discus likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 5:02 am

What an honour to have CWS start a new thread posting my quote!
cosmo74 likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 8:09 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

Union Coffee continues in CE, and LCY is about to get it too, replacing the Rainforest Alliance dishwater. I haven't tried the new coffee bags yet - coffee bags are actually the norm on airlines generally - but the one advantage I can see of them is allowing for people to decide on the strength of their coffee by controlling the stewing time.
Curiously the Rainforest Alliance coffee comes out like rocket fuel when I make it at the back of the Embraer - even French and Italian people ask for extra milk!
Old May 1, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Pinkster is a nice gin, btw, but I wouldn't add the 'gin jam' stuff. Too sweet for my taste

Being a Fentimans/Fever Tree fan, I've never tried the posh Schweppes. I would be uspet at the lack of full fat tonic.
Old May 1, 2019, 12:24 pm

Programs: BAEC
​​​​Have BA scrapped the Skyflyers pack onboard? Was previously free and took the form of a kids activity pack.. now chargeable 😂
Old May 1, 2019, 1:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Just boarded a flight in MAD and both menus available....a few price changes, some noted:

Chicken and bacon sandwich up 20p
increase in water by 15p
tomato juice increased by 10p

James Cadbury’s hot chocolate 10p more than normal Cadbury’s
cup of tea up 5p

Tea at £2.50 is 355 avios
Scone at £5 is 715 avios

cider is gone

any questions?

orbitmic likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
And here is something for everyone, you can enter a competition for a hamper with many of these items, one will be chosen every day for 100 days from 1 May:

www.highlifeshop.com/foodhamper

[presumably the above link will work from 1 May, entries will be selected from 18 May to 25 August]
Presumably, but sadly I'm just getting a server error... Maybe it's my location.

(Interesting that the BA Marmite doesn't seem to be included in that hamper…)
Old May 1, 2019, 1:43 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by JAXBA
Presumably, but sadly I'm just getting a server error... Maybe it's my location.

(Interesting that the BA Marmite doesn't seem to be included in that hamper…)
No, I'm getting it too, maybe we have to nearer the draw dates?
Old May 1, 2019, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Wrong place to ask but related to it's related to the menu change,

Does the Galleries Club still offers Highland Spring water or Harrogate?
Same question for tea: Twining's or Teapigs?
Old May 1, 2019, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Wrong place to ask but related to it's related to the menu change,

Does the Galleries Club still offers Highland Spring water or Harrogate?
Same question for tea: Twining's or Teapigs?
It's Harrogate there (but they may be running down stocks, so the odd bottle of Highland Spring can be found in T5B). And the tea is still Twinings, with additional flavours in both Flounge and more still in CCR.
ISTFlyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.