Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Changes to redemption prices on partner airlines eff 30 May 2019

Changes to redemption prices on partner airlines eff 30 May 2019

Old May 1, 2019, 9:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by The_Bouncer
Do we really believe this will last long? Surely the rates for IAG metal will be brought into line soon enough, "In order to be fair to all our customers".
As it's a BA reward programme I would have thought it would make sense to give those who redeem on BA metal a better deal.
argonath likes this.
Old May 18, 2019, 4:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Have BA officially announced these changes yet? Would be nice to have an announcement confirming the changes
Old May 18, 2019, 5:53 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by englisha
Have BA officially announced these changes yet? Would be nice to have an announcement confirming the changes
Not as far as I can see. The Reward flight calculator is showing pre-announcement rates
Old May 23, 2019, 7:19 pm

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
The countdown begins... T-7 days. I want to know what the multi carrier award chart will be. A year and a half ago I redeemed 100K miles for a 6 segment CX/QF/JL/BA itinerary, of just under 20K miles - ZRH-HKG/MEL-SYD-BKK-NRT-DME-LHR - and I am thinking of doing a similar trip again without going via Russia.
Old May 23, 2019, 7:38 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Strawb
The countdown begins... T-7 days. I want to know what the multi carrier award chart will be. A year and a half ago I redeemed 100K miles for a 6 segment CX/QF/JL/BA itinerary, of just under 20K miles - ZRH-HKG/MEL-SYD-BKK-NRT-DME-LHR - and I am thinking of doing a similar trip again without going via Russia.
Then you might want to consider booking those flights before the 30th May changes take affect. It is widely expected that Avios redemption rates will rise from that date.
orbitmic likes this.
Old May 24, 2019, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Just to be a little more deceptive BA have added on line that award prices will increase by as little as 4%!!!!

What’s the other goal post? 104%?????

Very poor execution on this.
Old May 24, 2019, 11:50 pm

Programs: oneworld *A,Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

Then you might want to consider booking those flights before the 30th May changes take affect. It is widely expected that Avios redemption rates will rise from that date.
Cannot book JAL domestic before 60 days of departure, is that policy consistent . Thanks
Old May 25, 2019, 12:56 am

Programs: SAS Gold, Hilton Diamond, OWS
Originally Posted by ncncyoo
Cannot book JAL domestic before 60 days of departure, is that policy consistent . Thanks
No. I see domestic JAL availability in November.

However, Cathay cut availability on more or less all flights in November. I was about to book HKG - KIX or NGO, and there was availability in J on all CX flights. Exactly on the day I figured out I was going to KIX, all flights had disappeared from Hong Kong to Japan on CX. They were all there the day before, including flights to Tokyo as well. All gone.
Old May 25, 2019, 10:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Scandinavian traveler
No. I see domestic JAL availability in November.
For a JAL domestic flight on ba.com? What route and dates?

international JAL flights aren’t restricted.
Old May 25, 2019, 10:55 am

Programs: SAS Gold, Hilton Diamond, OWS
Originally Posted by KARFA

Just put in some random Japanese cities and random date in November:

CTS - TYO on 20 November has 17 direct flights with availability on JAL + a few indirect flights.

TYO - HIJ is also wide open on that same date. Browsing a few different dates gives me the same result: Availability wide open.
Old May 25, 2019, 5:08 pm

Programs: oneworld *A,Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by KARFA

My experience was availability is open on JAL from HND- CTS ,however I cannot book on BA.com and call agent in HK told me this 60 days policy.
Old May 25, 2019, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Is the reason why you cannot book on ba.com because the taxes are 0? If so, add a carbon offset contribution and it should work.
Old May 25, 2019, 7:12 pm

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
Originally Posted by ncncyoo
My experience was availability is open on JAL from HND- CTS ,however I cannot book on BA.com and call agent in HK told me this 60 days policy.
Speak to a different agent, perhaps in a different country. The policy seems to be enforced sporadically.
Old May 26, 2019, 2:28 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by flyuk
Speak to a different agent, perhaps in a different country. The policy seems to be enforced sporadically.
Have you been able to book a domestic JAL redemption beyond 60 days? It doesn't work online despite the flights showing. I thought this was because it's phantom availability and that phone agents won't be able to book it either.
Old May 26, 2019, 2:39 am

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
Originally Posted by musehead
Have you been able to book a domestic JAL redemption beyond 60 days? It doesn't work online despite the flights showing. I thought this was because it's phantom availability and that phone agents won't be able to book it either.
Yes. I have 5 award flights booked with JAL in September and October. Booked through the Gold line.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.