Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Changes to redemption prices on partner airlines eff 30 May 2019

Changes to redemption prices on partner airlines eff 30 May 2019

Old Apr 30, 2019, 9:23 pm

so for the long distance J/F will be roughly 10% increase right? thinking of if I need book a Multi partner award to burn it
Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:19 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
New redemptions are still way better for redeeming US domestic on AA than using AAdvantage miles.
Old May 1, 2019, 12:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ecgz88
so for the long distance J/F will be roughly 10% increase right? thinking of if I need book a Multi partner award to burn it
have a look on the points guy as they have noted what they think the longer band reward rates will be.

i don’t think anyone has any idea about whether the MPR rates are changing.
Old May 1, 2019, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by KARFA
have a look on the points guy as they have noted what they think the longer band reward rates will be.
OT, but since you mention their article - it would have been nice of them to acknowledge the preliminary work of the other blogger using the same methodology before them in that specific article rather than say that they 'got wind' and give a link to another one of their own articles where that reference is made in passing mid article.

Imagine an author saying that he got to think that to be or not to be really is a question to answer with a link to another one of their pieces where they discuss the importance of being or not with a reference to Shakespeare half way. I think the blogging world still has a lot of room for improvement when it comes to referencing and acknowledging intellectual property.
Old May 1, 2019, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
OT, but since you mention their article - it would have been nice of them to acknowledge the preliminary work of the other blogger using the same methodology before them in that specific article rather than say that they 'got wind' and give a link to another one of their own articles where that reference is made in passing mid article.

Imagine an author saying that he got to think that to be or not to be really is a question to answer with a link to another one of their pieces where they discuss the importance of being or not with a reference to Shakespeare half way. I think the blogging world still has a lot of room for improvement when it comes to referencing and acknowledging intellectual property.
they kind of did as they linked back to one of their earlier articles which did directly link to seat31b. I would agree though that their acknowledgement should have been clear in today’s article.
Old May 1, 2019, 3:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club

they kind of did as they linked back to one of their earlier articles which did directly link to seat31b. I would agree though that their acknowledgement should have been clear in today’s article.
Yes of course, but it seems a number of people are nevertheless pinning their hopes on pure speculation, IME. I do hope (but not necessarily expect) that this speculation turns out to be correct, and I do wonder why BA is being rather coy about the details, if they are so minor.

I for one will believe it when I see it (1 June 2019?) and have decided to retain my few meagre avios on the basis of BA's statement that there'll be no devaluation for rewards on BA metal (for now).
Old May 1, 2019, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by Grace B
Yes of course, but it seems a number of people are nevertheless pinning their hopes on pure speculation, IME. I do hope (but not necessarily expect) that this speculation turns out to be correct, and I do wonder why BA is being rather coy about the details, if they are so minor.

I for one will believe it when I see it (1 June 2019?) and have decided to retain my few meagre avios on the basis of BA's statement that there'll be no devaluation for rewards on BA metal (for now).
i don’t believe the original OP’s post was based on speculation. It was based on some inspired investigation. It may turn out to be wrong or possibly incomplete - there may be other changes we can’t yet see. But I do agree if this is as bad as it gets then it isn’t exactly a massive devaluation.
Old May 1, 2019, 4:56 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Quite a clever strategy to offer the '100% bonus Avios for 6 flights', and then just after the closing date announce that there will be a devaluation. I'm sure their will be quite a few peeved customers who booked extra flights. But hey-ho, this is BA.

Time to dump the Avios I have. I looked recently but there were virtually no F flights on CX or QR like there used to be (HKG-BKK, DOH-MCT etc), have they started restricting availability?
Old May 1, 2019, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by headingwest
Time to dump the Avios I have. I looked recently but there were virtually no F flights on CX or QR like there used to be (HKG-BKK, DOH-MCT etc), have they started restricting availability?
CX reward availability has been much reduced since mid 2018. There was some discussion at the time

Where has all the CX Avios availability gone?
Old May 1, 2019, 5:08 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Thanks KARFA, it shows that I don't come here much these days!
Old May 1, 2019, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Agreed. That is what I was alluding to in my post when I wrote:

rather than say that they 'got wind' and give a link to another one of their own articles where that reference is made in passing mid article.

But like you, I just don't think that is clear enough. If you write an article and give a reference to a previous article by yourself (specifically to a piece where you were citing x), it is not quite the same as citing x in the new article. What they did is just enough so that they precisely can't be accused of having poached the idea without giving credit to the original blogger, but made the reference more complicated/hidden than necessary so that many (probably most) readers of yesterday's post will not actually see the reference (you only see it if 1) you click on that particular link among many others - which is not even that tempting when you read this) and 2) read that linked article sufficiently well that you actually see the ref to seat31b. In other words, the threshold is pretty high while the crediting reference could and should really be obvious instead.

I'm not picking on them specifically, it is a fine and useful site, but I think that those kind of "borderline" referencing is frequent in blogs and websites and that is a bit unfortunate in my view. OT hat off I promise!!
Old May 1, 2019, 7:29 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by Grace B
Do we really believe this will last long? Surely the rates for IAG metal will be brought into line soon enough, "In order to be fair to all our customers".
Dambus and HMPS like this.
Old May 1, 2019, 7:48 am

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by guv1976
If you can live with non-changeable, non-refundable award tickets, try pricing your AA domestic itineraries with Iberia Plus Avios instead of BAEC Avios.
Absolutely correct with partners.
Old May 1, 2019, 7:50 am

i think the other disadvantage of booking with IB is you can only book returns unless it is for IB/BA/VY flights.
Old May 1, 2019, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
CX reward availability has been much reduced since mid 2018. There was some discussion at the time

Where has all the CX Avios availability gone?
CX availability on BA has improved somewhat since earlier this year.
Still not as good as with AM, but that is to be expected. But you now get many regional flights that were completely missing a few months ago.

Regrading F, CX has only 6 seats, so availability is always scarce. CX tends to release F seats progressively, often near departure. Often, F seats are made available to AM first, and then released to partners a few days later if they are not picked up.
I know nothing about QR availability.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.