Reward Seats Release Time

Old Apr 29, 2019, 1:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Reward Seats Release Time

On the look out for F reward seats on some flights we have already booked in J.

If they become available what time of day would they appear on the BA site?
Old Apr 29, 2019, 2:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Knickam
On the look out for F reward seats on some flights we have already booked in J.

If they become available what time of day would they appear on the BA site?
All guaranteed reward seats are released at T-355 days at 0000 GMT (0100 BST).

So if there is no availability after that point, there is no guarantee of anything opening up later. It does happen though sometimes later but I don’t think on any guaranteed day although I would imagine the time would be the same.

I am unaware of any pattern to the seats released after the initial time although I’m sure someone else might have some more information.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 2:47 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Some F seats are released at t-355, and we have recently (by chance) booked 2 outbound. Inbound is currently J only and the agent seems to think that F reward availability is rare on the return route. Judging by the stats on rewardflightfinder, most seats seem to become available overnight, so unless you want to be up every night at 1am, you might want to subscribe and set up an alert. Maybe also on expertflyer. Both will send you alerts when seats become available.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by george77300

All guaranteed reward seats are released at T-355 days at 0000 GMT (0100 BST).

So if there is no availability after that point, there is no guarantee of anything opening up later. It does happen though sometimes later but I don’t think on any guaranteed day although I would imagine the time would be the same.

I am unaware of any pattern to the seats released after the initial time although I’m sure someone else might have some more information.
I am aware of when seats are originally offered and as I have already flights booked in J the 355 day rule does not apply. I am also aware there is no guarantee of seats becoming available.

What I am asking is If by chance F seats do become available will they appear at midnight, Midday or some other specified time? Or is it a random time?
Old Apr 29, 2019, 4:02 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
I am aware of when seats are originally offered and as I have already flights booked in J the 355 day rule does not apply. I am also aware there is no guarantee of seats becoming available.

What I am asking is If by chance F seats do become available will they appear at midnight, Midday or some other specified time? Or is it a random time?
Random.
Knickam likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 10:58 am

Although the post above says random, I was led to believe that it is generally 00:00 UTC and have seen this on a couple of occasions. YMMV.

rb211.
Knickam likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Note that there are already a lot of threads on when (notably what time of the day) award seats are released - with a search you'll get a lot of detailed experiences about what times people got theirs, what are the exceptions, and also when in terms of early on, nearer the date etc.
Knickam likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.