Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Renovated BA Club Lounge at JFK now open

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:31 pm

I am underwhelmed. Agree furniture looks in places a bit cheap. Looks as if space too big for furniture in it (though could just be angle of photos)
For the flagship outstation? But will reserve judgement until seen in the flesh.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Never Stansted
It looks completely unlike any other BA lounge, which is odd given the recent refurbs in places like FCO/LGW.
The interior design is the same as the FCO and ABZ lounges. LGW was the previous Galleries Evolution concept.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 1:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA (LTG, GGL, CCR), LH (*G)
Originally Posted by gw76
I am underwhelmed. Agree furniture looks in places a bit cheap. Looks as if space too big for furniture in it (though could just be angle of photos)
For the flagship outstation? But will reserve judgement until seen in the flesh.
seeing it in the flesh doesn’t make it any better. BA use this space for F pax on the 178. Because the CCR is “being renovated” (according to local staff, something Waterside denies), apparently. It really is as cheap and nasty M1 service station as it looks on the photos.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 1:14 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NYLON Boy
seeing it in the flesh doesn’t make it any better. BA use this space for F pax on the 178. Because the CCR is “being renovated” (according to local staff, something Waterside denies), apparently.
There is a sign outside the CCR which states work is being done in the kitchen so the CCR is closed for the morning flight atm.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 2:10 pm

No way. FCO lounge is a world away and I was there last week. JFK seems to be a cheap expression of the same design theme. FCO itself is slightly below CX T3 lounge. FCO had notably expensive material being used and good art. FCO is like Andaz. JFK is a step above Ibis. No tacky self congratulatory slogans in FCO either but lovely Patrick Caulfield prints.
choosethedrew likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 2:14 pm

Programs: BAEC
Yeah, all the weird slogans and brand names that don't appear elsewhere on the network...
Old Apr 30, 2019, 3:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Absolutely horrible.

The new First lounge is bland but expensive looking; this manages to look both bland and cheap. Neither has a whisper of luxury - too bright; long out of date pale wood and veneer finishes; the use of a split-complementary colour temperature in both lounges more suited to walk-through morning spaces like cafeterias and lobbies, when the vast majority of users will be dining and drinking towards the evening and night-time - topped off with hard design corners and repetitive cubic furniture arrangements.

Billboard style slogans/words pasted across walls are cringeworthy in their own right; the fact they have done this in Copperplate Gothic is utterly unforgivable.

Anyway this is only my opinion obviously and I'm certain some people will love it

Last edited by noFODplease; Apr 30, 2019 at 3:53 pm
Old Apr 30, 2019, 4:21 pm

Programs: BD Gold (yes forever), BA Silver, Hilton Gold.
I know as a silver travelling in Y I don't have access to pre-flight dining but can anybody tell me what food offering I will have? I'm assuming crisps, nuts and biscuits etc. Anything else?
Old Apr 30, 2019, 4:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Silver
Here is a link to the BA video on YouTube:

Last edited by Yellowbelly; Apr 30, 2019 at 4:42 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Apr 30, 2019, 5:31 pm

I think if we compare the FT reactions to this lounge with the LGW one, it will become clear this is an inferior design job. The LGW furniture may or may not be the type of thing you'd personally pick for your home, but I don't think there are many on here who think the overall scheme is poor. BA have taken a retrograde step with the design in JFK.

And yes, I know I'm only judging from pictures, but they do paint a thousand words. Including 'moments to savour'.
wrp96 and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 6:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by noFODplease
Billboard style slogans/words pasted across walls are cringeworthy in their own right; the fact they have done this in Copperplate Gothic is utterly unforgivable.
Here's something that's really going to toast your almonds then: I daresay they've even managed to install the "S" in "Savour" upside down, as it's looking a bit top-heavy to me...
noFODplease likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 8:31 pm

Programs: BA, LY, QF, UA, HH
Originally Posted by BigVince76
I know as a silver travelling in Y I don't have access to pre-flight dining but can anybody tell me what food offering I will have? I'm assuming crisps, nuts and biscuits etc. Anything else?
Sandwiches, chicken wings, cheese, fruit, nuts, cake...
BigVince76 likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 12:08 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Out of interest does anyone know what the CCR renovations entail; a complete makeover or a tart up?
Old May 1, 2019, 12:19 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by allturnleft
Out of interest does anyone know what the CCR renovations entail; a complete makeover or a tart up?
work is being done on the kitchen only.
Old May 1, 2019, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by allturnleft
Originally Posted by KARFA
work is being done on the kitchen only.
Originally Posted by expataus
Sandwiches, chicken wings, cheese, fruit, nuts, cake...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.