Wiki Posts
Search

Renovated BA Club Lounge at JFK now open

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2019, 7:28 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Acid
Savour and not Savor! How many Avios in compensation if we complain for being offended?

None, because this is British Airways, so it is spelt the British way
CoweyB, JAXBA, squawk and 6 others like this.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 10:01 pm

So the dining is limited to BA clubworld pax?
Old Apr 29, 2019, 12:06 am

Programs: BA, LY, QF, UA, HH
Originally Posted by londonexpert
So the dining is limited to BA clubworld pax?
Correct. Although there was a much better selection of food than previously available including some hot food and a staffed bar.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 1:06 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Deleted - answered above.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 1:51 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Acid
Savour and not Savor! How many Avios in compensation if we complain for being offended?​​​​​​​
None, you got a free spelling lesson to your benefit.

Besides, there’s been the British Airways Customer Service Center [sic] at gate 6 for 22+ years…
Old Apr 29, 2019, 3:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
It was open two weeks ago when i passed through. I didn't like it. It has a school dinners, cheap restaurant feel IMO especially when there are loads of kids around. In my opinion they have done it cheaply and hope that the slogans might give it a bit of class... they don't. Not impressed I am afraid.

Forgot to say... they limit dining to those travelling in CW so if you are Silver/Gold travelling in WTP/WT you are out of luck if you wanted a meal.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 3:26 am

Programs: BAEC
It looks completely unlike any other BA lounge, which is odd given the recent refurbs in places like FCO/LGW. Lots of slightly odd branding that's not used in other lounges (unless it's recently popped up in other US outstations?)
Old Apr 29, 2019, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by snaxmuppet
Forgot to say... they limit dining to those travelling in CW so if you are Silver/Gold travelling in WTP/WT you are out of luck if you wanted a meal.
This has been the case for as long as I can remember, before any refurbs. CW passengers have access to pre-flight dining, F (& CCR) passengers have access to CCR dining.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 5:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
I'll make a guess that the plug situation hasn't improved ..... ?
Old Apr 29, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
I was not aware of the American meaning! I meant mainly the bolded part of the sense here:
Yes, I assumed that. I wasn’t aware that the American meaning of “homely” is generally (according to your OED link) used “(of a person)” to mean “unattractive in appearance” — I thought one could use it for objects too.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
I'm sure there'll be a few interesting pronunciations of quaich !
Ldnn1 likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 9:45 am

BA Official PR

Taken from BA Media centre.

The Quiche Bar

British Airways has opened its doors to the highly-anticipated new Club lounge at New York’s JFK airport. It completes a £50 million investment, following the unveiling of a plush new space for First customers in autumn last year. Customers at JFK Terminal 7 have also seen changes to the public areas and gate spaces to make them more appealing, welcoming and comfortable.

As British Airways’ flagship US lounge, the carefully curated space will play host to the hundreds of business and leisure customers that travel between New York and London on up to twelve Transatlantic flights a day.

Spread across 22,000 sq. ft. (spanning over half acre), the Club lounge is carefully laid out to offer designated areas that are designed to meet different customer needs. The new space includes elegant, relaxed seating areas as well as ample work stations with power outlets to maximise time in the office. Other spots include an entertainment room with state-of-the-art entertainment and sound from Sony, and the reopened Elemis Spa offers a range of treatments to help travellers relax and recharge ahead of their journey.

For Club customers that plan to take advantage of their flat bed and luxurious White Company bedding on board, the new lounge offers the ultimate pre-flight dining experience with a brasserie-style dining room where travellers can enjoy freshly prepared dishes from an extensive menu or a range of smaller items chosen to allow customers to ‘grab and go’.

There will be a granite topped Quaich Bar, created in partnership with the Quaich bar at the Craigellachie Hotel in Speyside, Scotland. An experienced bartender will be on-hand at peak times to serve a full range of fine wines and cocktails such as the Broadway Copper Cup made with Copper Dog whisky, orange bitters and berries. An innovative new addition to the lounge is a BrewDog craft beer room, in partnership with the brand, a beer has been designed specifically for British Airways, named after its flight call sign – Speedbird 100. The beer is available on flights from May 1.

This is the third lounge to feature our contemporary and luxurious design, following the lounge openings in Rome, Italy and Aberdeen, Scotland last year.
Here is the link to see the whole piece.

British Airways - LUXURY LANDS AT JFK AIRPORT WITH NEW BRITISH AIRWAYS CLUB LOUNGE

I would have stuck these in a wiki, however I'm not sure how to, are images allowed in Wikis?! I'm pretty savvy with these things but clearly this stumps me!
Old Apr 29, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Physci
I'll make a guess that the plug situation hasn't improved ..... ?
I can confirm that the plug situation has improved significantly! As far as I can tell from a quick walk round, all the high tables (and bars) have plug sockets. About half the low seats have sockets. Some photos attached. Overall it's very smart and there is plenty of more relaxed seating than was obvious from the initial pictures.

IAMORGAN, Krisz, JAXBA and 5 others like this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by SleepySynapse
Some photos attached. Overall it's very smart and there is plenty of more relaxed seating than was obvious from the initial pictures.
Thanks for the photos. Must say I still think all the furniture looks awful, but perhaps that's just my taste.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:08 pm

For any Instagram or Facebook users there is a 56 sec clip of the new lounge at JFK. It shows off more of the areas.

Head to the official BA accounts to see the clip as I can’t share a link to it as you will have to have an IG or FB account.

Last edited by rockflyertalk; Apr 30, 2019 at 12:35 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.