Wiki Posts
Search

GGL and Heathrow Express

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2019, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott GOLD, Accor Club Gold
GGL and Heathrow Express

Sorry - not sure where to find this info - do GGLs still get the upgrade on the HEX?
Old Apr 27, 2019, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Old Apr 27, 2019, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott GOLD, Accor Club Gold
I was confused! Seriously - what confused me is the website used to have an expiry date, and now I see none. And I assumed this meant it was now open-ended, but just wanted to check with the higher powers that are to be found here! I rather wish the experienced members of this community could 'buy out' BA like a management take-over. Then it would become a functional airline!
TheRealBabushka likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Yep it works fine for me every time I use the HEX. Have used both the digital and physical card to show to the inspector 👍
Old Apr 27, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: QF, BA, VA
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Yep it works fine for me every time I use the HEX. Have used both the digital and physical card to show to the inspector 👍
Same for me. Used it last Monday (digital) and then again on Friday. (physical card)
Old Apr 27, 2019, 11:21 am

Programs: BA GGL
Used it this afternoon. Didn’t even have to show my card. He just took my word.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 11:25 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Last time I used it they didn't even both to check tickets!
Old Apr 27, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
Works fine but they are aware that it's only GGL and not standard Gold members. I had someone say to me recently that they still had a lot of Gold members trying it on and that they had specifically been told told to look for the GGL icon on the cards.
Markie likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 2:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by Mike P
Works fine but they are aware that it's only GGL and not standard Gold members. I had someone say to me recently that they still had a lot of Gold members trying it on and that they had specifically been told told to look for the GGL icon on the cards.
If you have a Star Alliance Gold Card, that is also accepted.

I usually just take the tube (unless I have a big suitcase as it’s not much longer) and it’s much cheaper unless you can book one of the 90 day advance tickets.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 2:45 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
Originally Posted by CoweyB

I usually just take the tube (unless I have a big suitcase as it’s not much longer) and it’s much cheaper unless you can book one of the 90 day advance tickets.
I also usually take the tube but I think my next trip will be on HEX as I have a railcard and also Heathrow Rewards Premium gets me 4 x free upgrades a year to Business First.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 3:29 am

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
Originally Posted by CoweyB

useful to know. If only it wasn't so many more time expensive than the tube, and serviced a useful station.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 3:35 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
This thread contains a twitter exchange with HEX on the subject.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 5:53 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Paren
I also usually take the tube but I think my next trip will be on HEX as I have a railcard and also Heathrow Rewards Premium gets me 4 x free upgrades a year to Business First.
The Heathrow Rewards Premium upgrade cannot be combined with a Railcard discount, advance purchase fares or even a return ticket. They give you an upgrade code if you email them, which effectively gives you a Business First single for the price of a Peak Express ticket (£25, or £22 on a weekend). Other than that, it's useless.

The only decent use case I can see is if the Piccadilly line goes down and you have to make a last-minute decision to take the HEx, and only want a single ticket. At that point, you can at least dry your eyes with the complimentary FT in Business First, as you weep at spending £25 per person on a 15 minute journey...
Paren and flyuk like this.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 6:31 am

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
I hate that they have the cheek to set up between the baggage area and the landside area to catch unsuspecting tourists...
Old Apr 29, 2019, 6:15 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by flyuk
I hate that they have the cheek to set up between the baggage area and the landside area to catch unsuspecting tourists...
me too. I wonder (I am not a competition lawyer) whether the alternative providers had a case against HAL if they are not afforded a similar opportunity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.