Expertflyer availability changing

Old Apr 27, 19, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Expertflyer availability changing

Morning all.

A couple of questions born of observation:
Tomorrow’s LHR-JFK BA175 had something like F1 J9 W6 Y3 yesterday. Y quickly became 0 yet today it is back to Y3 or Y4.
With F0, J5 & W3 today does this mean that Y was overbooked and hence people have been shuffled forward to make room at the back?
The Y seat next to me was showing as held on Expertflyer and is now showing as occupied.

Assuming this to be correct, what is the earliest that people have seen an operation boarding pass change on their BA app? I’ve had 3 LH op-ups; 1 on board and the other 2 prior to boarding (W-CW LHR-HKG was the best, especially as a lowly Bronze).

This is my first LH as a GCH and my first time of using Expertflyer. All very interesting.

Old Apr 27, 19, 5:33 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

It's probably people cancelling, or BA adding extra Y seats knowing that they can shuffle people forward at checkin if Y is oversold.
Old Apr 27, 19, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Cat5 in the Hat View Post
This is my first LH as a GCH and my first time of using Expertflyer. All very interesting.
Don't forget that as an outsider, trying to make sense of this is akin to reading tea leaves. Especially when the numbers tell you nothing about how much space the airline expects still to have on the flight, only how many more reservations it's prepared to take at any one time.
nancypants likes this.
Old Apr 28, 19, 2:34 am
Original Poster

Thanks both. @Globaliser I concur. It’s like learning a foreign language.

FWIW when I checked the BA app in my taxi I’d already had an op-up to W. Happy days.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Aug 14, 19, 7:33 am

Programs: BAEC, SPG
Slightly different question - i have a seat reserved in y as a silver card holder on BA177 LHR JFK next friday. Expert flyer on their seat map shows my chosen seat as available. Is it just slow to update (i reserved the seat months ago)?
Old Aug 14, 19, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by dibbs98 View Post
Slightly different question - i have a seat reserved in y as a silver card holder on BA177 LHR JFK next friday. Expert flyer on their seat map shows my chosen seat as available. Is it just slow to update (i reserved the seat months ago)?
I would assume you don't in fact have the seat allocated to you - EF is usually totally accurate and updates within seconds of a seat selection being saved in MMB (in my experience)
Old Aug 14, 19, 7:47 am

Thanks starship, I just logged in to BA app and it atill shows as assigned to me so do you think i’ll be booted to middle row seat on check in?!
Old Aug 14, 19, 7:52 am

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
I’d go and play with the seat map in MMB and see what happens eg move to another seat, validate, move back to original seat, validate. Any issues would quickly be visible to you.
Old Aug 14, 19, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by dibbs98 View Post
Thanks starship, I just logged in to BA app and it atill shows as assigned to me so do you think i’ll be booted to middle row seat on check in?!
Are you 100% sure you are looking at the correct flight in EF?
Old Aug 14, 19, 10:21 am

Thanks yes was looking at correct flight, will try again later in case its a glitch
Old Aug 14, 19, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Did the seat map for the rest of the cabin match up? Was it just your selection that didn’t match between EF and MMB?

my experience has been like others, so EF is pretty much instantaneous reflecting changes.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: