Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

HELP! Desperate for East Coast Business Class Ticket

HELP! Desperate for East Coast Business Class Ticket

Old Apr 26, 2019, 1:41 am

This thread typifies what is wrong with BAFT at this time
bosman, cjb666, Xonus and 4 others like this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 2:49 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
we are not travel agents.

spend some time yourself looking for flights.

We can't always get flights for a 'good price'. sometimes we have to suck high prices up especially when booking close to departure dates.
We may not be travel agents, but some of us are more than happy to help people who asks for assistance with specific travel related issues. This has been demonstrated by people who have provided all the above posts... I for one love sharing information, and helping people. That’s what this community is about! Anyone can always feel free to PM me anytime about anything.

I for one am happy to help. If you’re not interested in helping since you’re not a “travel agent” you don’t have to comment, and you can move on.

Someone once said if you don’t have something nice to say, don’t say it at all.

Last edited by NWplatinum; Apr 26, 2019 at 3:53 am
Old Apr 26, 2019, 3:28 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by NWplatinum

We may not be travel agents, but some of us are more than happy to help people who asks for assistance with specific travel related issues. This has been demonstrated by people who have provided all the above posts...

I for one am happy to help. If you’re not interested in helping since you’re not a “travel agent” you don’t have to comment and you can move on.
Well said. We are not, but as one who has benefited hugely from the help received here I would be happy to help were I able.

What ingrigued me was the fare to MIA from CDG - not bad I would have thought.
NWplatinum, Jimmie76 and spaninan like this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 3:40 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Titanium ANA Diamond
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
we are not travel agents.

spend some time yourself looking for flights.

We can't always get flights for a 'good price'. sometimes we have to suck high prices up especially when booking close to departure dates.
Actually there are a good few members who are travel agents.

Seems you are a UK travel bear with a sore head !

Best not come to FT for help yourself, ever, people have long memories !
NWplatinum and spaninan like this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 3:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NWplatinum

We may not be travel agents, but some of us are more than happy to help people who asks for assistance with specific travel related issues. This has been demonstrated by people who have provided all the above posts...

I for one am happy to help. If you’re not interested in helping since you’re not a “travel agent” you don’t have to comment and you can move on.
I agree. I've found this forum extremely helpful on the whole and every day is a school day as far as I'm concerned. I tend to ignore the know it all's/individuals who obviously have nothing better to do than make snide irrelevant remarks when they could simply save themselves the time and effort by scrolling by! LeSiiiggghhhhh

Thank you to those of you who assisted me, much appreciated.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 4:04 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by MasterP0
I agree. I've found this forum extremely helpful on the whole and every day is a school day as far as I'm concerned. I tend to ignore the know it all's/individuals who obviously have nothing better to do than make snide irrelevant remarks when they could simply save themselves the time and effort by scrolling by! LeSiiiggghhhhh

Thank you to those of you who assisted me, much appreciated.
Exactly. That’s what this forum is about. To learn and share information. It has nothing to do with “being travel agents.” As a result of this thread you made, and your ask for help, fares were shared that some would consider purchasing, and people are sharing dates, city pairs, and days that have award availability that others can take advantage of.

All of that can help all of us, not just you. It’s the exact reason we are all here. I don’t understand negative people that come on here. If you don’t like a thread then move on... Believe it or not people aren’t interested in reading your negative comments that don’t help or foster any information for any of us. I am ashamed that people “liked” @UKtravelbear’s post.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 5:19 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Folks, as the OP has received some good advice, and indeed been able to buy a ticket, before this descends further into a slanging match with individuals getting a virtual kicking - which is in none of our interests - we’ll remind members that the RBP button exists and apply the padlock.

/mod

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.