Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Smoothies ‘enhanced’ !

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by balowlyblue
Surely they can do a tie-up with innocent smoothies in the same vein as brewdog?
My thoughts also.

I won't miss the current smoothie - too milky and the texture is too thick for me. I far prefer a fruit smoothie without milk - Innocent Smoothies would be a great choice.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, EY Plat, etc
Originally Posted by Never Stansted
The smoothie has been on the menu for quite a long time, I think? Rather at a loss as to what they have been doing with the glasses for the past few years - surely not thrown away?!
Hasn’t the Champagne glass been changed to a stemless design so it is now one and the same with the smoothie glass ?
Old Apr 26, 2019, 8:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Robespierre
Hasn’t the Champagne glass been changed to a stemless design so it is now one and the same with the smoothie glass ?
Indeed. The previous smoothie glass had straight sides, shorter, narrower and somewhat clinical. Now it uses a more attractive glass with a central bulge as shown in photo above. I really don't know why they didn't just enhance the champers instead.
HIDDY and flatlander like this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 9:46 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I really don't know why they didn't just enhance the champers instead.

I’m lost for words ...
HIDDY, rockflyertalk and 86BA7 like this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 10:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
..................... I really don't know why they didn't just enhance the champers instead.
And the big bad wolf (who liked to hoard his money ...... and whose name was Alex) heard this, and he said “Now there’s a good idea ......... “
rockflyertalk and nancypants like this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by kt74
Fascinating that the BA board gets so animated about smoothies... QR, which I know many of you use, replaced smoothies with cold pressed juice (carrot, melon, etc) a year or two ago - no idea why - and literally not a mention from any of you!
Because that would be non-BA content, and therefore would belong somewhere else, wouldn't it?

rb211.
nancypants likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 1:08 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Pressed juices are nice
Paper cups don't need plastic.
Smoothies are ok.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 1:13 pm

It really does smack of a glass half empty kinda decision.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by plunet
It really does smack of a glass fully dirty kinda decision.

rb211.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by plunet
Given the recent Champagne measures reportedly offered, half-empty would actually be a step in the right direction!
Old Apr 26, 2019, 1:33 pm

All this talk of smoothies made me go and buy some today.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 2:02 pm

I do wonder if innocent smoothies saw an uplift in sales thanks to FT this week

HIDDY and Davidjonesk like this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 5:39 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by RB211
1) Glasses and attached material dries out, your gastrointestinal tract (generally) does not.

2) Most smoothie glasses at home will probably be rinsed at a minimum a short time after use. I suspect the BA ones go straight into a drawer where sit for quite a while, up to day or more (think throughout an entire return trip) and are then offloaded, and then sit waiting in a processing queue somewhere, before seeing any kind of water or anything else that may help the cleaning process. And I suspect they aren't soaked for any length of time, which is a contributing factor in BA's case. Most fruits have some chemicals that can make a pretty good binding agent!

rb211.
Thank you.

Originally Posted by kt74
Fascinating that the BA board gets so animated about smoothies... QR, which I know many of you use, replaced smoothies with cold pressed juice (carrot, melon, etc) a year or two ago - no idea why - and literally not a mention from any of you!
Smoothies are a lot higher "bad" calories than juices which are also laden with sugars. Juices would win between the two.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 9:28 am

A live smoothie report. It's actually quite a bumpy flight, so the cabin crew had difficulty pouring it. Where a thin layer has dried out on the glass it has a treacle like texture and quite difficult ro shift, and even after trying there is a residual smeer.

Was the picture taken post-cleaning with tongue, finger, or teaspoon?
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: Confirmed
Originally Posted by MarkFlies
To be fair, they are very difficult to clean once the stuff has dried in.
I wonder how AA cleans sundae glasses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.