Search

Today’s (24th April)BA212 (BOS >> LHR)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2019, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL
Today’s (24th April)BA212 (BOS >> LHR)

The A380 scheduled for today’s BA212 looks remarkably 747-400 like

It hasn’t helped in the upgrade stakes either - though the chances of being upgraded out and inbound are, I accept, low!! Anyway, I’m driving when we get back to LHR so I wouldn’t have been able to make the most of the LPGS anyway...

Boston lounge significantly improved since my last visit, admittedly a few years go, though

stampcollector likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 6:13 pm

I suspect this is the knock-on effect of the A380 issues yesterday. If my research is correct too, looks like the BA214 was upgraded to a 777-300, possibly to help mitigate the lack of A380.
Peter_S likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Peter_S
The A380 scheduled for today’s BA212 looks remarkably 747-400 like

It hasn’t helped in the upgrade stakes either - though the chances of being upgraded out and inbound are, I accept, low!! Anyway, I’m driving when we get back to LHR so I wouldn’t have been able to make the most of the LPGS anyway...

Boston lounge significantly improved since my last visit, admittedly a few years go, though

Yes BA did a very good job with the BOS lounge.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 11:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I like the BOS lounge.

It’s been a while since I had a 380 on a BOS trip, probably October. More recently it’s been some very very old 747 or the large Y galley 777.

I’ve never had an op-up on a 380 on the LHR-BOS-LHR routing. Only 747 and 777.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 4:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by Cat5 in the Hat
I like the BOS lounge.

It’s been a while since I had a 380 on a BOS trip, probably October. More recently it’s been some very very old 747 or the large Y galley 777.

I’ve never had an op-up on a 380 on the LHR-BOS-LHR routing. Only 747 and 777.
I think 380s are Summer only.

I never experienced the old version of the BOS lounge, but I have to agree the new one was nice, especially the direct boarding. Would have benefited from bacon rolls, as I was there at breakfast time, though!
Old Apr 24, 2019, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Mordac
I think 380s are Summer only.

I never experienced the old version of the BOS lounge, but I have to agree the new one was nice, especially the direct boarding. Would have benefited from bacon rolls, as I was there at breakfast time, though!
The old lounge was on the mezzanine level and better than sitting in the terminal. There were no windows in either BA lounge, or any other lounge for that matter in E. The new one is many leagues better. I've spent a few beautiful sunset evenings eating a delicious meal being waited on by Juan andwatching a plane being unloaded for entertainment.

Last edited by Jimmie76; Apr 24, 2019 at 6:58 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.