Search

Youngest GGL member

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2019, 5:33 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by T8191
In a word, yes.

Theoretically, of course. All that travel might not leave enough time for education
I would argue that to travel is education.
T8191, nufnuf77, DeathSlam and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 5:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

I cant comment on the youngest GGLr on here but I'm sure the youngest and most handsomest Ambassador on here including youthful looks anyhow is.....me!

I'm sure the others would probably agree

Tobias-UK and squawk like this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 6:00 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PETER01
I cant comment on the youngest GGLr on here but I'm sure the youngest and most handsomest Ambassador on here including youthful looks anyhow is.....me!

is the dementia finally kicking in PETER01?
PETER01, T8191, Tobias-UK and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 6:34 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by KARFA

Yes, he appears to have forgotten our dear friend @Calchas - a spring chicken compared to the rest of us! And my dear @PETER01 - (tick-tock-tick-tock) you are fast catching up to me
PETER01 likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77

actually not teaching ally correct. One can book a lap infant until 2 years 364 days old. However from turning two onwards this will be swapped at airport for a proper seat without a charge, provided the first segment flown was when baby was under 2 years. Hence EDI-Lhr (360 stopover) Lhr-Sin-Lhr-Edi would cost the infant only lap fare but would be properly assigned seat for free once turned two during the journey. Such seat would not be entitled to avios or tps.
hence one can travel on infant fare until 3YO despite being older than 2 and not earning any Tp or Avios.
The rules on this have changed slightly. You now need to complete the outbound longhaul segment before the 2nd birthday to prevent the (mis)use of long stopovers.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:12 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by PETER01

Originally Posted by KARFA
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

Yes, he appears to have forgotten our dear friend @Calchas - a spring chicken compared to the rest of us! And my dear @PETER01 - (tick-tock-tick-tock) you are fast catching up to me
I think I may just be in denial of my age

I never attained any kind of status until about 6 years ago in my mid 40s. GGL for me is but a dream.

However, and back on topic, I'm surprised at how young some are but im genuinely pleased for them if they can achieve it and more importantly enjoy it given many on here are also Aviation enthusiasts too. I enjoy reading of their adventures, photos etc ^
T8191, Tobias-UK and squawk like this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Calendar age is just a number, eh, PETER01?
PETER01 likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 8:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by florens
I would argue that to travel is education.
Roughing it in Y is certainly educational. I've sat next to some characters over the years I can tell you. A heavy drinking Scottish doctor once kept me entertained for hours on a flight to Calgary with his patter.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 8:53 am

Programs: BAEC
What I’d like to know is, providing they’ve hit the TP level, what are these young little fliers doing with the partner cards they are gifted? And can I have a Gold one please?
T8191 and cosmo74 like this.
Old May 3, 2019, 4:01 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by mda03jb
The rules on this have changed slightly. You now need to complete the outbound longhaul segment before the 2nd birthday to prevent the (mis)use of long stopovers.
Has anyone checked or tried this?

I'm suddenly conscious that from January, my holiday flights are going to be 50% more expensive!

M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.