Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

A way to improve Tier Point Runs and Premium Fare Deals threads

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A way to improve Tier Point Runs and Premium Fare Deals threads

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
I feel that there has been a slight improvement in the TP run thread, although people are still not necessarily aware of the new thread so may need pointing in that direction.

I think that the TP Run thread could be a lot more beneficial if the users of it who find genuine TP runs were to post them in a post in the thread as well as put some info and a link to the (more detailed) post in the wiki for the TP Run thread, that way everything is kept in one easy place and people are still able to find things quickly instead of having to scroll through pages and pages of posts. I believe that this is what was intended for the Wiki anyway as there is a section for it and some out of date references. Maybe very "important" TP runs will still end up with their own thread, like the OTP-PHX run or the AUH/DXB-CGK run and again these could be linked to in a well maintained wiki.

I wonder if the premium fare deals thread is quiet now due to summer holidays that people booked earlier in the year when the threads were getting busy and it will become busy again later in the year when people come to book their next holiday? In that case they should be using the new find me a fare thread and the premium fares thread should be kept similar to the TP run thread with an updated wiki with links to posts referencing good deals.

The important thing to note here is that it is up to posters to make sure that their TP runs or fare deals are put in the wiki and the wiki kept vaguely up to date.

I agree that it would be much easier if the find me a fare thread were for all flights which gave Avios & TPs but I do understand the reasons why it is BA only. That being said, I have recommended a few non BA fares in there, sorry!
KARFA and Lefly like this.

Last edited by wilsnunn; Jul 2, 2019 at 5:27 pm Reason: Fixed typo
Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:37 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Prospero
@sxc, I agree with you re. limitations of mega threads.

Just wondering, is there any way the existing Mileage Run Deals and Premium Fare Deals forums can pick up the slack?
Possibly, but there's a lot of specific BA quirks that don't belong in those forums, or are not welcome as discussion.

Also, a separate sub forum would allow for posting of queries that are currently in the clinic thread - but break them out into the separate queries, making it easier for discussion, being more helpful and filing for future reference. The Mileage Run Deals and Premium Fare Deals forums don't welcome questions or discussion, only posting of found deals.

With the BA premium fare deals thread, again it becomes difficult to follow the discussion around various deals as there can be many happening at the same time, so the thread jumps around.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 12:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Unfortunately, many of the long-standing forum members who were so active and so helpful in the TP Run and Premium Fares threads seem to have abandoned it, probably because the flow of information was becoming almost entirely one way, and their usefulness has diminished significantly.

We need a clinic thread where people can ask others to find them an itinerary (whether or not they're prepared to do any ground work themselves) and have the main threads revert to their original purpose, which was to share and discuss actual deals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.