Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Code share with Aer Lingus, refused Priority Boarding with BA Gold Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Code share with Aer Lingus, refused Priority Boarding with BA Gold Card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2022, 2:55 am

Programs: Usual Amex Cent. GGL.
And when I got the EI locator from BA this is what I see on Aer Lingus
  • London/Heathrow to Dublin
    No seat

10kg bag dropped off at check-in

No checked bag (20kg or more)
  • Dublin to London/Heathrow
    No seat

10kg bag dropped off at check-in

No checked bag (20kg or more)
Old Apr 6, 2022, 3:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Deckard
And when I got the EI locator from BA this is what I see on Aer Lingus
OK, to make this simple, if your trip is EI sold as BA59nn and your trip is only DUB to LHR, then it's one bag 23 kgs as per your e-ticket. If it's something else then we need the details.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 3:49 am

Thanks CWS, it's BA5969. So per E-Ticket 1x 23Kg bag and at least 1x 10Kg carry on. The EI chat through whom I am trying to pay to up my allowance, tells me I have a 20Kg checked bag but I assume that's just a standard EI size. I'd prefer to take it to 32Kg which seems to be purchasing a 2 bag allowance. I'll see if the chat bod ever comes back. As ever your help and clarity are appreciated. I will look at packing lighter than normal ,
Old Apr 6, 2022, 3:52 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Hi Deckard
I have the identical issue, am flying tomorrow to Shannon on EI (BA ticketed)....
I am also trying to add golf clubs to the booking but EI customer services said i have to do that at LHR....
I am hoping when we check in they won't say "sorry, no hold luggage is included" - i have printed out the BA booking which says it includes 1 x bag, so we shall see
Old Apr 6, 2022, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by zambandit
Hi Deckard
I have the identical issue, am flying tomorrow to Shannon on EI (BA ticketed)....
I am also trying to add golf clubs to the booking but EI customer services said i have to do that at LHR....
I am hoping when we check in they won't say "sorry, no hold luggage is included" - i have printed out the BA booking which says it includes 1 x bag, so we shall see
I will probably see if I can pack into 23Kg - I imagine so, just been a while since I had to. I am just slightly bemused by how un-joined up all the processes are.

RJ says I have 23kg and 2 x 10 carry on
BA (E-Ticket) says I have 23kg and "check EI for carryon" but don't tell you what ticket type you have so you CAN'T check your allowance,
EI locator tells me I have no luggage allowance.

Courtesy of CWS and others I am confident that I have at least 1 x 23kg checked and 1 x 10kg carry on.

So current thinking, is see if I can add weight at check in - IF having packed I can't fit it all into one 23kg bag.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 4:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
I will probably see if I can pack into 23Kg - I imagine so, just been a while since I had to. I am just slightly bemused by how un-joined up all the processes are.

RJ says I have 23kg and 2 x 10 carry on
BA (E-Ticket) says I have 23kg and "check EI for carryon" but don't tell you what ticket type you have so you CAN'T check your allowance,
EI locator tells me I have no luggage allowance.

Courtesy of CWS and others I am confident that I have at least 1 x 23kg checked and 1 x 10kg carry on.

So current thinking, is see if I can add weight at check in - IF having packed I can't fit it all into one 23kg bag.
Just to put people's mind at ease, ALL of the tickets that are BA5xxx codeshare flight numbers on Aer Lingus have a standard 23kg luggage and 10kg cabin bag included.

If you need to book a seat with Aer Lingus or extra luggage, you would telephone 0333 004 5000 in the UK according to the Aer Lingus website. You will need to pay for the seat and bags and you will receive no receipt or e-mail confirmation, but you will see your seat taken if you do a dummy booking on the Aer Lingus website.

Normal passengers only check their BA locator and that is all you should be referring to, as for all intents and purposes that is what stands.

The cabin bag notice is because Aer Lingus changed their cabin bag policy recently, but it actually does not impact the BA codeshare flights under BA flight numbers. Using the Aer Lingus locator is only to be used when calling EI to add seats or bags to that sector. The rest of it can be ignored.

You have nothing to worry about, essentially. There is a danger being a power user frequent flyer, in that you will see all the incorrect things in other PNRs, when really we should all act like the bog standard passenger and just follow the main one
Old Apr 6, 2022, 11:50 am

Not directly relevant but just received notification of cancellation of my DUB-LHR-PHL in favour of a DUB-PHL that gets in earlier and leaves hours later. Just got to ensure ORC and I'm winning
Old Apr 6, 2022, 12:10 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Not directly relevant but just received notification of cancellation of my DUB-LHR-PHL in favour of a DUB-PHL that gets in earlier and leaves hours later. Just got to ensure ORC and I'm winning
My prevous replies related to DUB-LHR. If it was booked to PHL that would change my answer.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 3:54 pm

Sorry CWS, this (that I was asking about) was an EI LHR-DUB positioning flight for an ex-EU BA DUB-LHR-PHL at 2,700 EUR vs Ł8,000 direct. BA cancelled the DUB-LHR-PHL and replaced it with a DUB-PHL. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 2:20 am

Sorry CWS, this (that I was asking about) was an EI LHR-DUB positioning flight for an ex-EU BA DUB-LHR-PHL at 2,700 EUR vs Ł8,000 direct. BA cancelled the DUB-LHR-PHL and replaced it with a DUB-PHL. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
Is your DUB-PHL on the AA 787 with the Concept D seats? https://www.aerolopa.com/aa-788-type-1

I noticed it was that configuration when I was trying to book it for December, and wanted to book it but computer said no. I had to do DUB-LHR-JFK instead, sadly.

You will go through US Immigration Pre-Clearance in Dublin now and arrive in the US as though you're a domestic passenger, if you're flying DUB-PHL. After Pre-Clearance is the 51st and Green Lounge, which is the one you will use before your flight.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by FlightDetective
Is your DUB-PHL on the AA 787 with the Concept D seats? https://www.aerolopa.com/aa-788-type-1

I noticed it was that configuration when I was trying to book it for December, and wanted to book it but computer said no. I had to do DUB-LHR-JFK instead, sadly.

You will go through US Immigration Pre-Clearance in Dublin now and arrive in the US as though you're a domestic passenger, if you're flying DUB-PHL. After Pre-Clearance is the 51st and Green Lounge, which is the one you will use before your flight.
All I know is that it's Boeing a 787-8 and I'm in 5A in an otherwise full cabin.

Would you know if my Global Entry is any use at Dublin? Also if there's priority check in at T2 (assuming Fasttrack is operating my Amex will get me through there)? Just wondering how early to arrive as I've been a bit spoiled by the First Wing.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 2:32 am

There is Global Entry in DUB.
Deckard likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 5:00 am

Also if there's priority check in at T2 (assuming Fasttrack is operating my Amex will get me through there)? Just wondering how early to arrive as I've been a bit spoiled by the First Wing.
Of course, Dublin is a major capital city airport, so all the usual priority check-in desks and Fast-Track is available as it is in any airport.

You'll need to arrive early enough to do the US Customs and Immigration at Preclearance. Your flow will be - check-in desk, Fast-Track security, go to Preclearance where you do US Security (shoes off, bags scanned again), US Immigration Entry (as you will be "entering the USA" and US immigration staff will do the inbound Passport checks), then the 51st & Green Lounge, then boarding and off you go.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by FlightDetective
Of course, Dublin is a major capital city airport, so all the usual priority check-in desks and Fast-Track is available as it is in any airport.

You'll need to arrive early enough to do the US Customs and Immigration at Preclearance. Your flow will be - check-in desk, Fast-Track security, go to Preclearance where you do US Security (shoes off, bags scanned again), US Immigration Entry (as you will be "entering the USA" and US immigration staff will do the inbound Passport checks), then the 51st & Green Lounge, then boarding and off you go.
Awesome, I seem to be excelling myself at being misleading as I was interested in any kind of priority checkin for Aer Lingus at Heathrow. That said I was actually through and airside faster than the first wing!

thank you for the detail on the US immigration side. I noticed that my boarding pass has TSA pre-on it already so hopefully my shoes can stay.
FlightDetective likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 5:38 am

Just as a data point, fast track is closed at terminal two in Dublin today so expect a 30 minute queue for security. Long queues for border control but global entry clear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.