Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PHX lounge renovations/transition

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2019, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
PHX lounge renovations/transition

I’m in the Club at PHX and today is the final day of the lounge in its current form. Starting tomorrow BA passengers will be directed to the newer Club at PHX next door while
construction work commences to convert the lounge space into a mix of centurion lounge and escape lounge. During the transition there will not be a separate first class area and it’s unclear what differences there might be with the food and drink options.

I’ll post more details when I learn more! There’s signage that says that both will open in the autumn. My understanding is that the escape lounge will be where BA passengers get directed.

Last edited by dylanks; Apr 19, 2019 at 7:29 pm
Old Apr 21, 2019, 4:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dylanks
I’m in the Club at PHX and today is the final day of the lounge in its current form. Starting tomorrow BA passengers will be directed to the newer Club at PHX next door while
construction work commences to convert the lounge space into a mix of centurion lounge and escape lounge. During the transition there will not be a separate first class area and it’s unclear what differences there might be with the food and drink options.

I’ll post more details when I learn more! There’s signage that says that both will open in the autumn. My understanding is that the escape lounge will be where BA passengers get directed.
Thanks for the update, dylanks - I'm due to fly out of PHX in September, so it's good to know what the new arrangements are likely to be. My understanding from the press releases is that the Centurion lounge is due to open in January, but I'd be very happy if it just happened to be open already when I passed through...!
Old Apr 25, 2019, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JustTheOne
Thanks for the update, dylanks - I'm due to fly out of PHX in September, so it's good to know what the new arrangements are likely to be. My understanding from the press releases is that the Centurion lounge is due to open in January, but I'd be very happy if it just happened to be open already when I passed through...!
September does seem to be overly optimistic to me given the time it takes to typically create airport lounges, but I'll keep posting updates as I have them,
Old Aug 16, 2019, 6:37 pm

I read through this thread with interest but didn’t see an answer prior to arriving in the temporary lounge today.

Its tiny. One of the smallest I’ve been in - circa 15 metres in length and 7 in width. Would imagine it gets full very quickly - there are hardly any seats available. You can help yourself to coke, water, tea and coffee and nuts and crisps. There is a list of basic sandwiches you can ask for and are then delivered to you in a plastic box.

Definitely

don’t get here early if you have a choice!

Old Aug 19, 2019, 4:47 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Even though this temporary lounge appears not to be a stellar offering, would one expect that a BA Silver on a domestic AA itinerary would have access to this lounge according to standard OW access rules, or are they limiting to BA flights only at present?

Cheers.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

The temporary lounge is branded as an Escape lounge during non-BA hours. And yes it’s really very limited, with cheap ikea furniture. The food is a step up from the old BA lounge though which isn’t saying much.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 9:43 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
If it’s branded as an Escape, would Amex Plat get access to the lounge?

Cheers.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 9:09 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by brp

If it’s branded as an Escape, would Amex Plat get access to the lounge?

Cheers.
Yes... just tried this today... Your Amex plat and a boarding pass is all you need (no charge)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.