LPA Sala Galdos lounge not available to BA

Old May 1, 2019, 11:13 am
Suspended

Gran Canaria has a Sheraton and a Radisson hotel, and those Meloneras hotels, am not surprised at all that J is doing well.
volar likes this.
Old May 2, 2019, 1:28 am
Original Poster

Hi. Just to repost the reply I received from Aena. As Hector states, despite not having access via BA CE, there are in the meantime other access methods including a fail safe pay on entry. Obviously I personally feel that we should gain access, but that's up to BA, Exec Club and Aena to deal with.

Here's the reply:

I am sorry to tell you that from last March on, we were unfortunately told that BA have no more access into the lounge Sala vip Galds at Gran Canaria Airport. Taking a look at oneworld website, you will see that the only airline valid to get access is Iberia Airlines (London Gatwick, for example, includes BA, Cathay Pacific and Iberia Airlines, and LHR only American Airlines, as you can see by clicking the links).

Since we were very happy to have BA passengers in the lounge, we hope that one agreement will be signed back in the future. Meanwhile, you can keep having access by holding the cards PriorityPass, DinersClub, LoungeKey, LoungeClub, DragonPass or even by buying tickets at the front-office (29,85 adults and 13,75 children between 6 and 10 years old, 0-6 are free of charge). JoiningAena Club Cliente and buying passes thru it, you can also get 20% discount.
Old May 7, 2019, 9:29 pm

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
We are in Gran Canaria at the moment so will report back when we return. We have Priority Pass so will still get lounge access. The 20 will be useful though.
Old May 8, 2019, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tuff
We are in Gran Canaria at the moment so will report back when we return. We have Priority Pass so will still get lounge access. The 20 will be useful though.
Looking forward to hearing your update. Thank you.
Old May 11, 2019, 11:07 am

Programs: BA Gold
No access today still, 10 voucher issued at check in, which I spent on a bag of ground coffee and a drink from Starbucks.

Youre not really missing much in Sala Galdos anyway, its pretty basic although better than sitting in the terminal I guess. I can see that this situation might be disappointing if a lounge visit was expected at the end of a special holiday though. MMB still incorrectly says that lounge access is available.
Old May 12, 2019, 1:19 am

Yes I would be disappointed if it said there was a lounge in MMB would be looking forward to an hour of peace and a couple of glasses of wine! Why is the app still wrong after all this time?
Old May 18, 2019, 10:11 am

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
Just checked in at LPA and was given a €10 voucher and a letter explaining that the lounge “is not available today.....We hope that we will be able to welcome you back into the Sala Galdos lounge on your next flight.” Does this mean this might be short-term? The lounge is reasonably busy but an extra 48 pax from BA would certainly fill it out. One pax was complaining about the length of the Club Europe check in queue. I wonder what he will say when he finds he doesn’t get lounge access.
Old May 18, 2019, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA
Originally Posted by volar
No access today still, 10 voucher issued at check in, which I spent on a bag of ground coffee and a drink from Starbucks.

Youre not really missing much in Sala Galdos anyway, its pretty basic although better than sitting in the terminal I guess. I can see that this situation might be disappointing if a lounge visit was expected at the end of a special holiday though. MMB still incorrectly says that lounge access is available.
Ah, but the terrace!
Dicksbits and volar like this.
Old May 18, 2019, 1:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by BA6501
Ah, but the terrace!
True! Its a nice feature. However the rest of the place is a bit...meh, and quite dated. The staff there however are consistently lovely.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
Flew LPA to LHR yesterday. The lounge is still "closed" according to check-in. I thought the 10 was quite miserly as it doesn't buy you much airside and several if the outlets listed on the voucher are closed themselves due to renovations.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Camflyer
Flew LPA to LHR yesterday. The lounge is still "closed" according to check-in. I thought the 10 was quite miserly as it doesn't buy you much airside and several if the outlets listed on the voucher are closed themselves due to renovations.
Yes I agree, the offering is pretty poor. I fly this route fairly regularly. Not sure from what date, but all my future LHR flights have been cancelled and changed to LGW. The end of that route for now. I think the lounge uncertainty was potentially due to this change and falls in line with a number of ex LGW largely leisure routes. If you have Priority Pass you can still use the lounge. If you don't, you can pay by cash or card. Can't quite remember the cost but think it's about 30.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 11:35 pm

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
... by buying tickets at the front-office (29,85 adults and 13,75 children between 6 and 10 years old, 0-6 are free of charge.
Presumably BA dont pay full price for 3rd party lounge access and are obviously willing to pay at least 10 per head.

Anyone have any any insight into typical discounted rates that might be negotiated?

Old Jul 20, 2019, 3:25 pm

Is there any latest news on when this is likely to be available again to BA pax please? Thanks
Old Jul 26, 2019, 2:15 am

Confused it's not available as I've just looked it up on the list of lounge locations from the BA website and to me it reads that it should be, lists BA under airlines unless anyone understands it differently?

https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=LPA
Old Jul 26, 2019, 3:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by northeastflyer
It's not a One World lounge. It's not linked to Iberia, other than their business class pax can use it. It's an independent lounge.
This was earlier on in the thread. I fell for the lounge database too. BA not allowed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.