Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LPA Sala Galdos lounge not available to BA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2019, 8:37 pm

Programs: Confirmed
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
Quite. So much for One World. So Iberia business class pax get access and BA business class don't. I'm silver status at the moment and that made no difference either. So two of us shared a bottle of wine in the mayhem of the main departure area costing €27!!!.... in Spain. Thankfully €20 was voucher. Hopefully they'll sort this. It's not really the proposition BA put out in the world is it. First world problems I know, but hey, we pay for money.
€7 for a bottle of wine sounds about right. The €20 voucher is effectively worthless ;-)
Old Aug 30, 2019, 1:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by paulaf
I'm not flying back from LPA until early next year but this was the reply I received:

Thank you for writing to The Club about your lounge access query.

"I am pleased to inform you that you will be able to access the 'AENA Sala Galdos' lounge at Gran Canaria Airport Depatures Area.

I hope you find this information useful."

I'm still not convinced as my MMB isn't updated so have replied asking when the contract will be renewed as I don't want to be bounced again.
It will be great if this is now the case but my gut feel says maybe not. I have a contact at Aena in LPA. I'll email them and let you know.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 1:07 am
Original Poster

I'm not flying back from LPA until early next year but this was the reply I received:

Thank you for writing to The Club about your lounge access query.

"I am pleased to inform you that you will be able to access the 'AENA Sala Galdos' lounge at Gran Canaria Airport Depatures Area.

I hope you find this information useful."

I'm still not convinced as my MMB isn't updated so have replied asking when the contract will be renewed as I don't want to be bounced again.
P. S. Could you please let me know where the BA email came from?
Old Aug 30, 2019, 2:07 am

P. S. Could you please let me know where the BA email came from?
I used the email form within the Contact section and the mail just says British Airways Executive Club. I received a reply to my query about the contract etc and they told me this:

"Thank you for writing back to The Club.

I am afraid we are unable to assist you with this query through this email channel, as we do not have access to some of the systems used in our contact centres.

Hence, please contact your dedicated Service Centre, where one of our agents will be able to assist you. Their telephone numbers and opening times can be found at:

http://www.ba.com/servicecentres

I hope they resolve this swiftly for you,"

So now they're not sure it would appear. Maybe their first answer was made up! I may get around to calling but not until the call volumes have decreased. Be interested to hear what your contact says.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 4:22 am
Original Poster

I used the email form within the Contact section and the mail just says British Airways Executive Club. I received a reply to my query about the contract etc and they told me this:

"Thank you for writing back to The Club.

I am afraid we are unable to assist you with this query through this email channel, as we do not have access to some of the systems used in our contact centres.

Hence, please contact your dedicated Service Centre, where one of our agents will be able to assist you. Their telephone numbers and opening times can be found at:

http://www.ba.com/servicecentres

I hope they resolve this swiftly for you,"

So now they're not sure it would appear. Maybe their first answer was made up! I may get around to calling but not until the call volumes have decreased. Be interested to hear what your contact says.
I've emailed Aena. See what they say. I've personally had a number of email replies to queries with BA that have ended up being incorrect.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 4:35 am

I've emailed Aena. See what they say. I've personally had a number of email replies to queries with BA that have ended up being incorrect.
Thanks, yes agree with that about BA emails too.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 5:40 am

Funnily enough my MMB has now changed in "Lounge" to say AENA Sala VIP Galdos is now included. This is for April next year so don't know when it starts to be included.
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Funnily enough my MMB has now changed in "Lounge" to say AENA Sala VIP Galdos is now included. This is for April next year so don't know when it starts to be included.
Aena haven't replied to my email to date, however in MMB my flight 14th Dec states:

"AENA Sala VIP Galdos

Departures Area, area C, Level 2, Near Gate A10, After Security"

So looks fairly positive I'd say. Anyone know any different?

Thanks.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
Aena haven't replied to my email to date, however in MMB my flight 14th Dec states:

"AENA Sala VIP Galdos

Departures Area, area C, Level 2, Near Gate A10, After Security"

So looks fairly positive I'd say. Anyone know any different?

Thanks.
we are flying from LPA on Friday so I will see what happens then.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 3:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List & GfL, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
The Oneworld website lounge directory also shows it is available for eligible BA passengers, as well as Iberia.

Last edited by e8steve; Sep 17, 2019 at 3:49 pm
Old Sep 20, 2019, 5:01 am

Well, I’m in the lounge but unfortunately can’t help with this thread much as I totally forgot I was flying with Iberia Express and not BA! My business class boarding pass with them got me into the lounge, I can, however, report they have a much larger selection of wine than before. First of three flights today, hopefully ending in Edinburgh tonight.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 6:58 am

Just to confirm: we now access again the lounge. Just show your boarding pass. Today, Saturday, there was a queue to get in and it was so busy we had to share a table with another passenger, if all the BA Club passengers turn up it is going to be extremely cosy!
Old Nov 16, 2019, 7:18 am

Many thanks for the update, looking forward to trying it again next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.