Wiki Posts
Search

Not really First Class....

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2019, 1:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold +++
Not really First Class....

Arriving T5 from OSL yesterday, 4,5 hours to kill at LHR before the F-flight to YVR. My boarding card got rejected at Fast Track security, and I got to learn - after some dicussion with the CSM - that since my YVR-flight is leaving from T3, I can not access T5 and the Concorde Room. What???
BA has marketed and sold me a First Class experience, including the CCR, but I have never read or been warned about this limitation (T5/T3). Frankfurt and other major airports have different terminals, but there is no restriction in what lounge you can access (as long as your ticket type or status entitles you to enter).
The CSM told me I was not the first customer to be surprised and complain about this, and appologized on behalf of BA for the lack of information.
BA obviously need to align their marketing to the product they deliver.

The F-flight itself: No power working in 1K, had to ask the person i 1A to charge my phone. Barely got some wine, took 2,5 hours before food was served (I told them I wanted to eat asap when they handed out the menu), finally got a salad and chicken, just to get food poisoned. So, now enjoying canadian bathrooms....
Old Apr 18, 2019, 1:10 am

Programs: BA Exec Club: Gold HHons:Diamond FB:Ivory Accor:Plat Hertz: PC USA:GlobalEntry
Ha this may have answered my post, dropped at exactly the same time!
Old Apr 18, 2019, 1:21 am

The website does say the CCR is ‘exclusive to London Heathrow Terminal 5’ and it’s made clear in the booking process that YVR goes from T3.

In any case, you’re really not missing much and many of us here prefer the lounge options in T3 to the CCR anyway.

[cue this becoming yet another thread about the best lounges in T3...]
Old Apr 18, 2019, 1:47 am

I think you have a fair point actually if you are arriving at T5 and connecting from there - it's far from obvious you wouldn't have CCR access then.

However as I say, I personally don't think you're missing much.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 2:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
In T3 you will be able to go to any of the AA/BA/CX F lounges and the QF lounge. Some would say the CX F lounge is better than the CCR so tbh you may be better off in T3 than T5.
justin_krusty likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 3:21 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Originally Posted by Heliboy
BA obviously need to align their marketing to the product they deliver.
You're far from the first one to express that sentiment.
Buster and chris87 like this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 3:38 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
MMB will state which lounge you have access to. It won’t say you have access to CCR. Perhaps doing a little research before your trip will help you to ensure you know what you can and cannot do. A simple question on here would have given you the answers in advance.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Some would say the CX F lounge is better than the CCR so tbh you may be better off in T3 than T5.
I would... but I'd still be annoyed at being denied CCR access.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
The website does say the CCR is ‘exclusive to London Heathrow Terminal 5’ and it’s made clear in the booking process that YVR goes from T3.

In any case, you’re really not missing much and many of us here prefer the lounge options in T3 to the CCR anyway.

[cue this becoming yet another thread about the best lounges in T3...]
ok but then the OP’s point —

if leaving from t3, is there a justification to support purchasing the F product rather than CW? To many, the answer will be no.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 4:36 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
Originally Posted by footballfanatic

if leaving from t3, is there a justification to support purchasing the F product rather than CW? To many, the answer will be no.
If you think the ground experience in T5 is much better in F than J then I have bad news for you...
wrp96 and Dover2Golf like this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 4:38 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)

Seriously? The lounge is but a small part of the journey, there are adequate places to enjoy the wait in T3.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 4:41 am

Are you seriously suggesting that many people buy an F ticket purely because of the CCR?

I know FTers can obsess over details that others would find insignificant, but thinking that even one person would do that would be a stretch for me.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 4:48 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by RG1X
I would... but I'd still be annoyed at being denied CCR access.
I'd only be annoyed if it had not been ticked off my list yet, and I had not experienced it.

I'd be delighted now to find that I was leaving from T3. First will do now I'm only silver, but CX F is better, though the LPGS is missing, I'll live.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 4:56 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
I know passengers get a in huff sometimes, its just a lounge.. not 5 star dining...
most if not all of the times, I use the lounges for a shower, grab a paper and enjoy a decent pint of beer at the bar
cjb666 and SirToby like this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by fotographer
I know passengers get a in huff sometimes, its just a lounge.. not 5 star dining...
most if not all of the times, I use the lounges for a shower, grab a paper and enjoy a decent pint of beer at the bar
Hope it's not the FT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.