Vueling vs Iberia ticket

Old Apr 17, 19, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver Hilton Diamond
Vueling vs Iberia ticket

I am thinking of booking BHX-BCN with Vueling. I can book with either Vueling or Iberia although the flight is definitely operated by the former.

if I book with Iberia and have an IB flight number will this allow me lounge access - as a OWS?
Old Apr 17, 19, 10:34 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Neither would work unfortunately. Even if sold as BA you would only have lounge access if you were BA Gold and there was a BA operated lounge.

Buy the cheapest fare and use the savings to buy lounge access.
Old Apr 17, 19, 11:14 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
Question is are you an OWS on an IAG Frequent Flyer Programme, i.e. BA/IB?

If you are not then no. I am an AA OWE and recently flew LGW-FCO on a VY flight booked on a BA itinerary with BA flight numbers and when I asked was told no lounge access except for BA Gold Card Holders. Also did not get any mileage either.

However I did get Group 1 boarding and a seat at the front of the aircraft.

Probably best to check if you have a credit card that can get you access to one of the other lounges. Out of curiosity I did look up OneWorld lounges at BHX, there isn't one it is a third party, you can find the information here www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=BHX

Good Luck!

Last edited by Nicc HK; Apr 17, 19 at 11:21 pm Reason: Additional Information
Old Apr 18, 19, 2:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Nicc HK View Post
Question is are you an OWS on an IAG Frequent Flyer Programme, i.e. BA/IB?

If you are not then no. I am an AA OWE and recently flew LGW-FCO on a VY flight booked on a BA itinerary with BA flight numbers and when I asked was told no lounge access except for BA Gold Card Holders. Also did not get any mileage either.

However I did get Group 1 boarding and a seat at the front of the aircraft.

Probably best to check if you have a credit card that can get you access to one of the other lounges. Out of curiosity I did look up OneWorld lounges at BHX, there isn't one it is a third party, you can find the information here www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=BHX

Good Luck!
Thanks. I have just booked the flights with Vueling. I was querying lounge access, as Iberia Express do fly out of BHX and there is lounge access for Aspire.
I have an Amex Card so will be able to use LoungeClub card

Last edited by FlyingWelshie; Apr 18, 19 at 3:22 am
Old Apr 18, 19, 3:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Hilton Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, Wyndham Diamond
No1 Lounge is miles ahead of the Aspire one anyway!
Old May 30, 19, 11:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
If I book via Iberia for Vueling, do I collect avios but no tier points (BA exec Gold). And what about seat selection? (Exit row required as 191 cm tall). Am I better off just booking the middle fare on Vueling and getting seat selection immediately ? I read on IB that you only get seat selection 24h beforehand (and not sure if I will collect any avios anyway)...
Old May 30, 19, 11:56 am

IAG just need to create airline Vueling Express and give it the same OW status as Iberia Express. Vueling Express can then wet lease from Vueling. Vueling Express flights would be allocated to routes which are likely to have OW frequent flyers. IAG gets more revenues, OW frequent flyers are happy, win win all round.
Old May 30, 19, 1:40 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Dicksbits View Post
If I book via Iberia for Vueling, do I collect avios but no tier points (BA exec Gold). And what about seat selection? (Exit row required as 191 cm tall). Am I better off just booking the middle fare on Vueling and getting seat selection immediately ? I read on IB that you only get seat selection 24h beforehand (and not sure if I will collect any avios anyway)...
If you book directly on Vueling you will get seat selection but will have to pay extra for the exit row. If booking via Iberia on to Vueling, then I think you can cajole the VY App to get you a seat, you can on BA to VY, but you may have to pay for an exit row (not certain, but fairly sure, since on VY status doesn't really mean much other than lounge access if IB+ status). VY is fairly cramped, so at your height I hope it is a short service.
Dicksbits and richardwft like this.