Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check-in time at DOHA airport

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2019, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Flying Blue, Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer, British Airways Executive Club
Check-in time at DOHA airport

Does anyone knows how early can I check-in at Doha airport if traveling on BA first class with a departure time of 6:55am. With such awkward timing, considering to get myself a room at the airport hotel but wonder if could check-in earlier, ie the evening/day before.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 5:00 pm

Programs: BAEC
The airport is open 24/7 - check in early and get a room at the Safwa lounge.
chinhk likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I've not flown through there on BA for a year or so, although the airport is open 24/7, the check-in desks for BA did not open till 3 hours before take-off so if you have checked bags, 3 hours before departure. If not, as suggested above go whenever you want and get into Al-Safwa. The food there is amazing, best lounge food I have ever had and the drink selection was really good too, so you could easily have a late dinner there and then get a room to sleep in within the lounge.
chinhk likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 12:00 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
Jumping on the back of this thead, does anyone know which lounge is available for BA Club passengers please? I have used QR in and out of DOH many times but next month will be my first time with BA on that route. Can I use the Business Class immigration channel/lounge when arriving on BA? Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 12:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Work-Shy
Jumping on the back of this thead, does anyone know which lounge is available for BA Club passengers please? I have used QR in and out of DOH many times but next month will be my first time with BA on that route. Can I use the Business Class immigration channel/lounge when arriving on BA? Thanks in advance.
Al Mourjan based on cabin.

Previous mentions of using Al Safwa are interesting. I know you can buy access now but not sure if this applies when traveling on BA rather than QR metal.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 12:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by madfish

Al Mourjan based on cabin.

Previous mentions of using Al Safwa are interesting. I know you can buy access now but not sure if this applies when traveling on BA rather than QR metal.
Yes, al Safwa is available to BA F and QR F (and any OW F, but I don't think any other OW flies F to DOH) pax only (no guests allowed)
Old Apr 18, 2019, 1:13 am

Programs: BA GGL, CR
Presumably Safwa not available to GCH/GGL flying on QR in business? I’m passing through there next week.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 1:20 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by pablol
Presumably Safwa not available to GCH/GGL flying on QR in business? I’m passing through there next week.
Status in any program, including QRPC, doesn't count for access to QR J or F lounges, anywhere.

However, what is thought is untested is whether a passenger flying on a BA J ticket can pay to get into Al Safwa as per this thread - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qata...fa-access.html
Old Apr 18, 2019, 1:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by pablol
Use the Al Mourjan lounge based on the Business ticket opposed to status. Al Safwa and Al Mourjan don't grant access based on status. The status lounges for OW Emerald and Sapphire are both similar are far behind Al Mourjan, these are branded Business Class Lounge and First Class Lounge, IIRC.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by jamesreid978
Use the Al Mourjan lounge based on the Business ticket opposed to status. Al Safwa and Al Mourjan don't grant access based on status. The status lounges for OW Emerald and Sapphire are both similar are far behind Al Mourjan, these are branded Business Class Lounge and First Class Lounge, IIRC.
I thought you can only access Al Mourjan when flying on a QR flight and not with another OneWorld airline like BA? Same goes for paid access to Al Safwa, you need to hold a QR C ticket.

If flying BA J you must use the normal OneWorld lounges?
Old Apr 18, 2019, 1:51 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by TravelManBiz

I thought you can only access Al Mourjan when flying on a QR flight and not with another OneWorld airline like BA? Same goes for paid access to Al Safwa, you need to hold a QR C ticket.

NO,
Al Mourjan is for any OW J fliers but not OW Saphire/Emerald.
Al Safwa is for any OW F fliers but not OW Saphire/Emerald.
There is also a OW lounge that welcomes the Silver/Gold elites, but i hear it's a bit rubbish.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 1:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, CR
Thanks for the tips. Only there for a short period of time so the other lounge will be fine.

Thanks again guys.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 3:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Flying Blue, Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer, British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by jamesreid978
I've not flown through there on BA for a year or so, although the airport is open 24/7, the check-in desks for BA did not open till 3 hours before take-off so if you have checked bags, 3 hours before departure. If not, as suggested above go whenever you want and get into Al-Safwa. The food there is amazing, best lounge food I have ever had and the drink selection was really good too, so you could easily have a late dinner there and then get a room to sleep in within the lounge.
Thanks for the info. The Al-Safwa lounge sounds amazing so would like to be there as early as possible. Was not sure if they have a time limit for guests visiting the lounge.etc but thanks for the clarification.
We will be there for 4D3N so is possible to have just a cabin suitcase so that we don't have to wait for the check-in counters to open. In terms of boarding passes, I guess we can just use the e-boarding pass/or have it printed at the hotel in advance?
Old Apr 18, 2019, 3:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Yes, al Safwa is available to BA F and QR F (and any OW F, but I don't think any other OW flies F to DOH) pax only (no guests allowed)
I’m aware that Al Safwa is available for BA F passengers, the question was could you buy access if you are on a BA flight in J. Don’t need to buy if already in F.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 3:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TravelManBiz

I have paid for access on a 125 ticket using BA codes on QR metal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.