API information deleted?

Old Apr 17, 19, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Silver IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Silver
API information deleted?

Wondering if this is a unique problem to me. I’ve now experienced API information disappear from future bookings on more than 4 occasions now.

Its all the info from my passport details to the address in the US which has been removed. Although the other traveller (husband) details are also partially missing some of them, like his date of birth seem to have stuck.

Both of of us have up to date BA profiles so I called BA to ask why the information was being removed, on one booking I know it’s been input twice already, once when I booked and again when I noticed it was missing and now it’s gone again. The response is that it’s “probably a security process to ensure that the details are absolutely correct”.

Im at a bit of a loss. I’ve decided that for future bookings I’m simply going to wait until just before departure to fill them in however just wanted to check there are no implications to doing this. Is there a deadline at which point BA will take action if the details aren’t there - e.g a week before travel or something like that?

Old Apr 17, 19, 6:21 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I've had it occasionally, just update until you get the tick sign on MMB. It used to be particularly prevalent on mixed AA and BA bookings since (e.g.) middle names would get doubled or even tripled up.

The scan of bookings by the DHS is constant after 72 hours so the sooner the better, but you can just do it at the airport an hour from departure.

I wouldn't worry about it.
Old Apr 17, 19, 6:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Lufthansa
This happens to me every time I book a flight to the US - my API information disappears no matter how often I enter it, even once I get the green tick in MMB. I have spoken to BA about this a few times but no one seems to know how to resolve it. That said, I haven't had any problems entering the US and my TSA Pre-check / Global Entry still works fine. It's a (rather annoying) mystery... If you find a way to stop it in future, please do share!
abligh likes this.
Old Apr 17, 19, 7:10 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
My API sometimes doesn't stick on the BA website where the booking is an AA ticketed booking with BA flights in it. No matter how many times I enter it, it's gone when I go back into the BA version of the PNR on ba.com
I've assumed it's down to BA's creaky IT and it's never prevented me flying.
Old Apr 17, 19, 9:10 am

Programs: MUCCI, BAEC GCH (currently), AA LTG (FWIW)
Originally Posted by Inselhuepfer View Post
This happens to me every time I book a flight to the US - my API information disappears no matter how often I enter it, even once I get the green tick in MMB. I have spoken to BA about this a few times but no one seems to know how to resolve it. That said, I haven't had any problems entering the US and my TSA Pre-check / Global Entry still works fine. It's a (rather annoying) mystery... If you find a way to stop it in future, please do share!
+1.

rb211.
Old Apr 17, 19, 9:47 am

Programs: BA Gold

+1

Mind often shows as missing when it’s not

I don’t worry about it anymore
Old Apr 17, 19, 9:51 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Gold
This seems to be a perennial problem for many, including me. If my first flight is operated by AA then there's rarely a problem as I check in with AA and the API information entered via their website and confirmed via the AA app always seems to be all present and correct and is usually passed to BA intact. However, when it comes to BA it's a different matter altogether. As others have said, random pieces of information drop off. I will have the green tick immediately after completing the form, and when I next look at the booking there's a red cross and something needs to be re-entered. It's never been a real issue for me except on one occasion when flying via JFK where I couldn't get my JFK - LHR boarding pass because BA's systems insisted on seeing my Green Card, even for a flight to the UK.
Old Apr 17, 19, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Silver IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Silver
Ive never had an AA flight, these are all on BA Aircraft via their own website. Clearly we are just a very exclusive bunch of travellers
Old Oct 13, 19, 1:07 pm

Probably same/similar issue.

Upcoming return flight - booked on ba.com and both out/return both BA flights/ticketed. Had put all the info in and outward flight okay - so API must have been okay. Now find all my API info has gone for the return - no API information in there at all, so re-entered all the data - no errors, exited, and MMB still says API needed. Tried 3 times - AIP won't keep the information. (Each time on exit it says 'complete', then MMB says it's incomplete - confirmatory email is non-committal!)

Same initial issue with Mrs CKBA, although API had remembered most of her details, and once the 'missing' data had been entered that data stuck. Uhmmmm....

Last edited by CKBA; Oct 13, 19 at 6:43 pm
Old Oct 13, 19, 2:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
I have to key it every time, which is a pain. I've been to the USA three times in the last three weeks and its really annoying. I now now all my passport details from memory; previously I just knew the number but now I also know the dates....
Old Oct 13, 19, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by scottish minnie View Post
Ive never had an AA flight, these are all on BA Aircraft via their own website. Clearly we are just a very exclusive bunch of travellers
...or rather excluded bunch of travellers it seems!
Old Oct 15, 19, 1:47 pm

Update on my API issue: after phong BA it looks like the check in agent on the outbound flight put my known-traveller number in as my Green Card number, which somehow screwed up all my information... .
Old Oct 15, 19, 3:04 pm

Programs: MUCCI, BAEC GCH (currently), AA LTG (FWIW)
Originally Posted by CKBA View Post
Update on my API issue: after phong BA it looks like the check in agent on the outbound flight put my known-traveller number in as my Green Card number, which somehow screwed up all my information... .
That'll do it!

rb211.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: