Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Best / Cheapest way to do LHR > TYO > DEN > LHR

Best / Cheapest way to do LHR > TYO > DEN > LHR

Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:52 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by RG1X
I do quite fancy trying JAL.
Their Apex suite based J product (which for some crazy reason I think they're superseding with a new version) is excellent, the food was close to (if not) the best I've had on a plane and the service attentive/warm and friendly.
I'm very much a fan
RG1X likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pythonisman
Only thing that freaked me out was getting a call in the NRT lounge to come to security as they'd found a CO2 canister that I'd forgotten about in a saddle bag - I thought it was bad news but the nice chap just photo'd it and taped it back up for me (it was under their allowable limit and packed to their satisfaction).
I'm yet to do it, but I'm always nervous about it. That said, I also hate having to buy them / dump them when I'm at my destination.

I often wonder what the baggage scanners think when they see my Airshot ( https://www.google.com/search?q=airshot ) on the x-ray, as it must look properly suspect!
pythonisman likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Dude, seriously . . .

Ship the bike to Denver. Rent a bike in Tokyo to practice with. It's not worth the risk, and it'll give you much more flexibility with your itinerary.
RG1X and george77300 like this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Yeah, I've never shipped a bike to an event before (never had reason to), but I'll look into it.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 5:09 pm

Programs: BA Silver. London Cycling Campaign. TfL Oyster
I’ve never ‘rated a thread’ before on FlyerTalk but I just gave this one ‘excellent’. Such bizarre, super specific info for something I would never do, but if I wanted to... well, this is where I’d find out. Well done people.
RG1X likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.