Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CCR food temperature

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by rossmacd
I gave the T5 CCR another shot at providing a hot breakfast today, but was left again unimpressed. Bacon, mushrooms (inedible) and tomatoes stone cold. Sausage and hash brown warm but I expect below the required 63C*. Black pudding dried out to the point of becoming hard. Poached eggs were fresh and warm. Baked beans were clearly very fresh out of the microwave. Oh, and the toast had to be returned twice

* The Food Safety (Temperature Control) Regulations 1995

I was told on another thread that I was "very unlucky" by another poster that my previous CCR breakfast was served cold, but I am beginning to think (based on my consistent experiences) that I have different standards of what I will or will not accept.
If BA disappointed me as consistently as they seem to disappoint you I wouldn’t fly with them anymore.

For what it’s worth I’m only an occasional visitor to the CCR but have not had any issues with food quality or temperature.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 1:02 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by volar
If BA disappointed me as consistently as they seem to disappoint you I wouldn’t fly with them anymore.

For what it’s worth I’m only an occasional visitor to the CCR but have not had any issues with food quality or temperature.
Some people don't have a choice... Fortunately, I do, so I avoid BA wherever possible.

​​​​
Old Apr 22, 2019, 2:02 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by seanp7
For the cold food and low ice levels mentioned upthread, I basically just go into the CCR for 1 or 2 LPGS' (& maybe an espresso martini), then head to the First Lounge for food and making my own drink with the proper amount of ice. I would have thought something like soup in the CCR is hard to serve lukewarm, but they found a way...

Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do to fix the stuffy air / lack of Air Conditioning in either location...
There outta be a law re min. temp required to serve hot foods. Find the manager next time and ask him.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by volar

I believe you have extrapolated one area of my disappointment to infer that I am disappointed completely with the BA offering. That could not be further from the truth. BA is my carrier of choice for East Coast to LHR overnight flights (and a handful of flights per year when I need to burn a GUF), since it is the best overall proposition that meets my needs: sleep maximisation. Going the other way - Europe to East Coast US, I would pick AA typically dependent on schedules/availability since that product meets my needs closer on a day flight.

And BA delivered exactly what I wanted last night on BOS-LHR - one interaction from the CC on boarding to give me a water bottle, then my bed was flat by the time the gear had been retracted and I slept for 5hrs 25mins of a 5hr 50mins crossing being woken to change into day clothes and prepare for landing 35mins ahead of schedule. A perfect flight, by my standards ^

If you note my other posts, I am very much looking forward to try the new BA J product when they launch it on a useful route - and I really do hope it means BA J on day flights becomes a competitive product again. I am also looking forward to try the new F upgrades, which I will do in 3 weeks time on SIN-LHR, which will compare to my LX F outbound 10 days prior.

Am I entitled to share my comments specifically on the T5 CCR breakfast, where it consistently appears to be short of my expectations? Or should I fly another carrier, just because of the breakfast provided in their flagship lounge?
Old Apr 23, 2019, 1:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by rossmacd
I believe you have extrapolated one area of my disappointment to infer that I am disappointed completely with the BA offering. That could not be further from the truth. BA is my carrier of choice for East Coast to LHR overnight flights (and a handful of flights per year when I need to burn a GUF), since it is the best overall proposition that meets my needs: sleep maximisation. Going the other way - Europe to East Coast US, I would pick AA typically dependent on schedules/availability since that product meets my needs closer on a day flight.

And BA delivered exactly what I wanted last night on BOS-LHR - one interaction from the CC on boarding to give me a water bottle, then my bed was flat by the time the gear had been retracted and I slept for 5hrs 25mins of a 5hr 50mins crossing being woken to change into day clothes and prepare for landing 35mins ahead of schedule. A perfect flight, by my standards ^

If you note my other posts, I am very much looking forward to try the new BA J product when they launch it on a useful route - and I really do hope it means BA J on day flights becomes a competitive product again. I am also looking forward to try the new F upgrades, which I will do in 3 weeks time on SIN-LHR, which will compare to my LX F outbound 10 days prior.

Am I entitled to share my comments specifically on the T5 CCR breakfast, where it consistently appears to be short of my expectations? Or should I fly another carrier, just because of the breakfast provided in their flagship lounge?
Apologies, I didn't mean to extrapolate that at all. You are of course fully entitled to share your observations, and I note that others on this thread have experienced the same issues as you have regarding food temperature whereas I and some others have not. I guess it just goes to show that one of BA's biggest issues is lack of consistency - sometimes things are great and sometimes they are not, but for me they are at least 'good' enough of the time for me to keep on using them, that is, assuming there is a choice in the first place. Anyway, I'm glad your BOS-LHR went well - I'm doing that route myself in a couple of weeks - and I'm also looking forward to the new J product when it arrives.
rossmacd likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 4:21 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Am I alone in thinking that in many cases items included in the breakfast offering in the CCR are often sourced directly from the buffet items in GF, all of which are at lukewarm temperature as far as I can tell?
Old Apr 23, 2019, 4:35 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The buffet and CCR are cooked from the same kitchen by the same people, but CCR food is not lifted off the Flounge buffet (which would be extra work); it may well get lifted off the same food preparation area in the shared kitchen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.