Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CCR food temperature

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2019, 5:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, MeliaRewards Gold, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I find it very difficult to believe you have never noticed a manager on duty considering the number of years and frequency you say you have been visiting the CCR.
As an "Ambassador" for this board, there really is no need to use language and phrasing that implies you think the poster is lying about his experiences. He did say he wasn't denying they were there - and he did also explain the reasons why he may not have noticed them before. You made other good points in your post about notifying staff etc which could have been made just as effectively without thinly veiled attempts to call someones integrity in to question.

That would have been a little more Ambassadorial in my view.
DYKWIA, HMPS and truncated like this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 7:25 am

I find it very difficult to believe you have never noticed a manager on duty considering the number of years and frequency you say you have been visiting the CCR. There is always at least one on duty and I cannot recall a single time when I haven't seen them walking the floor during a visit. In any event, ask any staff member and they will happily bring the manager over to you. If you are ever not happy about anything during a visit - let the staff know! They will try to put it right immediately.
In my few visits to the CCR I can only second Tobias-UK's point here, the staff have been consistently eager-to-please - smiling, helpful, checking back on us and frankly being super nice. They even put a cocoa/cocoa bean smile in my expresso martini. I am certain that they actually want to know if anyone is not happy with the service they are receiving.
Vasco Pridat likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 9:53 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Magic01273
As an "Ambassador" for this board, there really is no need to use language and phrasing that implies you think the poster is lying about his experiences. He did say he wasn't denying they were there - and he did also explain the reasons why he may not have noticed them before. You made other good points in your post about notifying staff etc which could have been made just as effectively without thinly veiled attempts to call someones integrity in to question.

That would have been a little more Ambassadorial in my view.
I have accused no one of lying nor have I called anyone's integrity in to question. I simply responded, yes with some incredulity, to a claim from someone who has been using the CCR regularly over a period of some 6 years that they have never seen a manger walking the floors. Mine was a statement of astonishment rather than an accusation.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: BA GGL & LTG, EK Silver, HHonors Lifetime Diamond; Proudly Mucci Free - total nonsense
I find it very difficult to believe you have never noticed a manager on duty considering the number of years and frequency you say you have been visiting the CCR. There is always at least one on duty and I cannot recall a single time when I haven't seen them walking the floor during a visit. In any event, ask any staff member and they will happily bring the manager over to you. If you are ever not happy about anything during a visit - let the staff know! They will try to put it right immediately.

As for the bathroom, whilst not the nicest of places in the world, they are usually clean. There is a cleaner going from one bathroom to the next throughout all operating hours so any need for cleaning up after a guest visit is not that far away. The cleanliness of the CCR toilets I've found no different to any other first class lounge toilet offered by other airlines/airports. The bathrooms are soon to be refurbished so hopefully they will be a little more aesthetically pleasing when that work is finished.
Well you may find it difficult to believe, but I can honestly say I have no idea what a CCR manager looks like. Yes, I've seen plenty of people who aren't in the normal uniform walking around, but there is really no way to tell if they are a manager, a guest, or part of some other aspect of the BA operation. Also, even though I am in there fairly regularly, I've not recognised any of these people as being there often (unlike some of the floor staff who for sure you get to recognize). At no time has anyone publicly come 'out' as a manager. So how am I supposed to know they are a manager? Contrary to how some reports of frequent CCR attendees show up, I don't spend my time in there hanging out with the staff and building relationships with them. I find a quiet spot, and sleep/work. Perhaps if someone came along and said 'Hi, I'm the duty manager, how are we doing today', I'd know they are the manager. But I'm not psychic. And my feedback on the CCR isn't that I have complaints that I need fixed anyways, as I said already a few times I keep my expectations realistic. I've never felt the need to go complain to management.

If you don't believe this - that's your prerogative. But rest assured, you're wrong Why would I make any of this up...
DYKWIA, HMPS and 86BA7 like this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 8:29 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
One can spot the male managers very easily since they have a vivid red tie. If it's non vivid it's probably CWS, but he will point you in the right direction.

Female managers are trickier but their dress is like the other BS staff but without the brown waistcoat.

Both genders wear the blue nametags with manager on the second line, moreover only managers have surnames on their badges. There is one new supervisor waiting for her uniform, she wears a black suit at the moment, and a big white temporary HAL badge. She is quite tall so I guess that is holding things up.

Personally I think it is very easy to spot a manager but hopefully the above Nature Notes will assist. I would encourage engaging with all BS staff, in all areas, they get to pace and deliver the service to your personal preferences over time, and make your visit more enjoyable too.
Gastrocnemius and trains like this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 8:48 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Yes - cold food was always my issue with the CCR. You'd get a breakfast where 2 or 3 of the items were stone cold, whereas the other items were nice and hot.

Plus, of course, there was always at least one item forgotten
But isn't it incumbent upon the CUSTOMERS to reject below par services / goods ? If we do not, pretty soon it will become the norm.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 12:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, MeliaRewards Gold, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
One can spot the male managers very easily since they have a vivid red tie. If it's non vivid it's probably CWS, but he will point you in the right direction.

Female managers are trickier but their dress is like the other BS staff but without the brown waistcoat.

Both genders wear the blue nametags with manager on the second line, moreover only managers have surnames on their badges. There is one new supervisor waiting for her uniform, she wears a black suit at the moment, and a big white temporary HAL badge. She is quite tall so I guess that is holding things up.

Personally I think it is very easy to spot a manager but hopefully the above Nature Notes will assist. I would encourage engaging with all BS staff, in all areas, they get to pace and deliver the service to your personal preferences over time, and make your visit more enjoyable too.
I agree that it probably is easy to spot them... once you know what to look for (thanks!). I've been in the CCR a number of times (at least 6 or maybe 7 visits) over the last few years and must say I have never actually clocked one of these people either. So I don't think its really all that hard to believe.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 4:13 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by bullroot
Well you may find it difficult to believe, but I can honestly say I have no idea what a CCR manager looks like. Yes, I've seen plenty of people who aren't in the normal uniform walking around, but there is really no way to tell if they are a manager, a guest, or part of some other aspect of the BA operation. Also, even though I am in there fairly regularly, I've not recognised any of these people as being there often (unlike some of the floor staff who for sure you get to recognize). At no time has anyone publicly come 'out' as a manager. So how am I supposed to know they are a manager? Contrary to how some reports of frequent CCR attendees show up, I don't spend my time in there hanging out with the staff and building relationships with them. I find a quiet spot, and sleep/work. Perhaps if someone came along and said 'Hi, I'm the duty manager, how are we doing today', I'd know they are the manager. But I'm not psychic. And my feedback on the CCR isn't that I have complaints that I need fixed anyways, as I said already a few times I keep my expectations realistic. I've never felt the need to go complain to management.

If you don't believe this - that's your prerogative. But rest assured, you're wrong Why would I make any of this up...
You asked what had occurred to me, WHO is the manger here? Guess you have to do some sleuthing/ deductions based on observation. I often feel that post you quoted are written by those who somehow made them selves known, spoken of their status perhaps, so they are "looked after" See this often when CC has always been nice to me posts.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 4:34 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by HMPS
You asked what had occurred to me, WHO is the manger here? Guess you have to do some sleuthing/ deductions based on observation. I often feel that post you quoted are written by those who somehow made them selves known, spoken of their status perhaps, so they are "looked after" See this often when CC has always been nice to me posts.
I don’t need to make myself known
Old Apr 22, 2019, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC (Silver), IHG (Plat Elite)
So, I did complain online, and have received my response. The response basically apologises for my issues, and thanks me for letting them know. It then goes to to say they use the top hospitality partner in the UK, source finest local ingredients, ensure fresh quality blah, blah. The majority of the response text uses my own original words, just re-ordered !

The only personal touch was thanking me for my continued support of BA, and referenced my next significant flight, to TPA in June wishing me a pleasant journey.

So there you go !
Old Apr 22, 2019, 9:57 am

I gave the T5 CCR another shot at providing a hot breakfast today, but was left again unimpressed. Bacon, mushrooms (inedible) and tomatoes stone cold. Sausage and hash brown warm but I expect below the required 63C*. Black pudding dried out to the point of becoming hard. Poached eggs were fresh and warm. Baked beans were clearly very fresh out of the microwave. Oh, and the toast had to be returned twice

* The Food Safety (Temperature Control) Regulations 1995

I was told on another thread that I was "very unlucky" by another poster that my previous CCR breakfast was served cold, but I am beginning to think (based on my consistent experiences) that I have different standards of what I will or will not accept.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:35 am

After my own handful of trips to the CCR, my expectations have lowered somewhat to the point where I now come to expect/accept meagre portions of reasonable quality cafeteria food, dressed up and presented as full service restaurant food which is usually "OK", but with an occasional "very nice" thrown in every now and again. I've definitely never had anything really terrible served up and nothing that I would describe as "stone cold". I would certainly send it back if that were the case. With that said, I haven't had breakfast in there all that often as I can recall (maybe once in 7 visits?) so maybe breakfast is one they particularly struggle with.

I'm trying to imagine the operation behind the scenes but I doubt everything is cooked fresh to order, so I envision everything being pre-cooked (apart from maybe the eggs?) and then held in containers/bins ready to be plated up as orders come in. Even so, it should be straightforward enough to keep items warm and fresh enough, as long as its not being held in there for hours.

I'm there again in a couple of weeks and might be there in time for breakfast (10.30am-ish traffic permitting) so will report back on my experience.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by rossmacd
I gave the T5 CCR another shot at providing a hot breakfast today, but was left again unimpressed. Bacon, mushrooms (inedible) and tomatoes stone cold. Sausage and hash brown warm but I expect below the required 63C*. Black pudding dried out to the point of becoming hard. Poached eggs were fresh and warm. Baked beans were clearly very fresh out of the microwave. Oh, and the toast had to be returned twice

* The Food Safety (Temperature Control) Regulations 1995
The 63C temperature is the holding/cooking temperature in the kitchen, not the serving temperature on the plate at the table. That said, sorry to hear so much of your meal was cold and clearly that isn't right.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
For the cold food and low ice levels mentioned upthread, I basically just go into the CCR for 1 or 2 LPGS' (& maybe an espresso martini), then head to the First Lounge for food and making my own drink with the proper amount of ice. I would have thought something like soup in the CCR is hard to serve lukewarm, but they found a way...

Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do to fix the stuffy air / lack of Air Conditioning in either location...
Old Apr 22, 2019, 11:00 am

Programs: LH HON
I have accused no one of lying nor have I called anyone's integrity in to question. I simply responded, yes with some incredulity, to a claim from someone who has been using the CCR regularly over a period of some 6 years that they have never seen a manger walking the floors. Mine was a statement of astonishment rather than an accusation.
I have been to the CCR eight times last year and have never noticed a person that looked or acted like a manager on duty. Perhaps the overall expectation is so low, that it's simply just a tad better than Galleries First. Unfortunately most of my visits have been during breakfast times and it has been awful. And yes - I've let the staff know. But apparently it didn't change.

Whilst BA F is a nice product (at least I like it), the CCR is pathetic and a sorry excuse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.