CCR food temperature

Old Apr 16, 2019, 2:28 am

Programs: BA GGL & LTG, EK Silver, HHonors Lifetime Diamond; Proudly Mucci Free - total nonsense
My expectations of CCR service are pretty low which stops me being miffed. Sometimes it is good, but in general it is patchy despite being in there every other week mostly. I've wound down flying with BA a lot since getting LTG anyways so probably won't retain CCR card in December. No biggie.
KARFA likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 2:59 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bullroot
My expectations of CCR service are pretty low which stops me being miffed. Sometimes it is good, but in general it is patchy despite being in there every other week mostly. I've wound down flying with BA a lot since getting LTG anyways so probably won't retain CCR card in December. No biggie.
Have you had a chance to speak to any of the managers about this bullroot? It isn't really acceptable that you are only getting what you ask for 10% of the time.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 6:30 am

Programs: BA GGL & LTG, EK Silver, HHonors Lifetime Diamond; Proudly Mucci Free - total nonsense
No, it never crossed my mind tbh. Like I said, it's no big deal for me - all the niggles I've seen in there in last 6 or so years, have been documented on this forum already repeatedly (staff ignoring people especially on the terrace, food orders not coming out, cold drinks with no ice etc). First world problems that I'm sure the managers have other priorities to worry about instead.
DYKWIA likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 6:43 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
No, it never crossed my mind tbh. Like I said, it's no big deal for me - all the niggles I've seen in there in last 6 or so years, have been documented on this forum already repeatedly (staff ignoring people especially on the terrace, food orders not coming out, cold drinks with no ice etc). First world problems that I'm sure the managers have other priorities to worry about instead.
No, the manager on duty - and there is always at least one - is there primarily for the CCR customers. They have no connections with irrops, rebooking people, admissions policy, seat switches and what not, s/he only looks after those in the lounge. With a 90% failure rate I can't think of a better reason to talk to the manager.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 7:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just had lunch. Egg then cod and soup then steak. All in all pretty decent, except for no bread offered with the soup. No problem with the temperatures. First glass of Riesling was a touch warm though.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by Horatio
Just had lunch. Egg then cod and soup then steak. All in all pretty decent, except for no bread offered with the soup. No problem with the temperatures. First glass of Riesling was a touch warm though.
You r right. I think I always have to ask for bread
​​​​​​. Its never just brought out.
WickedStepMother likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 7:54 am

I had my first ever visit to the CCR this morning. Very underwhelming experience sadly. Cooked breakfast with most items way less than a ‘just cooked’ temperature. I assume these meals are not cooked to order merely batch cooked and kept, at best, warm.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
You r right. I think I always have to ask for bread
​​​​​​. Its never just brought out.
​​​​​​Really, pretty basic stuff... Otherwise it was good. Best I've had in all (four) of my visits to the CCR. Michelle was excellent.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
Other than the customer satisfaction side of serving food and drink at the appropriate temperature, the Food Standards Agency has guidelines around the hot holding of cooked food. Specifically that these items should be stored above 63°C which doesn't seem to be happening here.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC (Silver), IHG (Plat Elite)
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
Other than the customer satisfaction side of serving food and drink at the appropriate temperature, the Food Standards Agency has guidelines around the hot holding of cooked food. Specifically that these items should be stored above 63°C which doesn't seem to be happening here.
Certainly wasn't in either of my cases. Seems to be an issue judging by some of the examples above, not an isolated case.
I'm some what alarmed that some pax seem to be accepting of it; you wouldn't accept it in a restaurant if were paying for the food.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Ribeye (medium/well) beautifully tender and perfectly hot along with the chips
Old Apr 17, 2019, 12:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by CoweyB
Ribeye (medium/well) beautifully tender and perfectly hot along with the chips

Apologies - I can’t upload the photo...
Old Apr 17, 2019, 1:01 pm

Programs: BA-S UA LH-Sen KLM/AF-Plat.
Seems that all this thread is doing is highlighting the inconsistencies of a product that should be uniform.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
No, the manager on duty - and there is always at least one - is there primarily for the CCR customers. They have no connections with irrops, rebooking people, admissions policy, seat switches and what not, s/he only looks after those in the lounge. With a 90% failure rate I can't think of a better reason to talk to the manager.
I've never noticed a manager on duty, I don't dispute they are there - but never seen one looking to seek improvement feedback. That said, when in the lounge I keep myself to myself, get a seat, and either sleep or work. Pretty low maintenance. I enjoy the kippers, the espresso martinis, the terrace when it is quiet, and less queues for the bathrooms. I am a happy bunny in general. There are loads of niggles they can improve on e.g. bathroom cleanliness, waiter/waitress proactivity, power points, ice in drinks , but no lounge is perfect. It is way better than the F lounge in T5 for sure; but is not the nirvana of luxury that people seem to expect it to be.
Discovery Bay likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 4:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
I've never noticed a manager on duty, I don't dispute they are there - but never seen one looking to seek improvement feedback. That said, when in the lounge I keep myself to myself, get a seat, and either sleep or work. Pretty low maintenance. I enjoy the kippers, the espresso martinis, the terrace when it is quiet, and less queues for the bathrooms. I am a happy bunny in general. There are loads of niggles they can improve on e.g. bathroom cleanliness, waiter/waitress proactivity, power points, ice in drinks , but no lounge is perfect. It is way better than the F lounge in T5 for sure; but is not the nirvana of luxury that people seem to expect it to be.
I find it very difficult to believe you have never noticed a manager on duty considering the number of years and frequency you say you have been visiting the CCR. There is always at least one on duty and I cannot recall a single time when I haven't seen them walking the floor during a visit. In any event, ask any staff member and they will happily bring the manager over to you. If you are ever not happy about anything during a visit - let the staff know! They will try to put it right immediately.

As for the bathroom, whilst not the nicest of places in the world, they are usually clean. There is a cleaner going from one bathroom to the next throughout all operating hours so any need for cleaning up after a guest visit is not that far away. The cleanliness of the CCR toilets I've found no different to any other first class lounge toilet offered by other airlines/airports. The bathrooms are soon to be refurbished so hopefully they will be a little more aesthetically pleasing when that work is finished.
PETER01 and Vasco Pridat like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.