Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chefs chat

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2019, 4:56 am
Original Poster

Chefs chat

Hi. Is chef's chat still used on board ? It has in the past help me choose and avoiding allergens. Thanks.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 4:58 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes it is.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Thanks
Old Apr 15, 2019, 12:28 pm

Programs: BAEC (Silver), IHG (Plat Elite)
Sure is, we used it last week on an F flight. Interestingly enough, my wife requires a gluten free diet, but as special meals can be a bit disappointing to say the least, she pre-ordered a meal that did not list gluten as an allergen on the menu in MMB. Low and behold, the chefs chat did list it !!! All the other choices had gluten too. But a wonderful crew managed to create an "off menu" dish, using various ingredients from the J menu and individual items from the F menu. She said her meal was wonderful ! Top marks to the crew, great service.
Lucanesque, T8191, TWCLAM and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 1:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chris1922Mk2
Sure is, we used it last week on an F flight. Interestingly enough, my wife requires a gluten free diet, but as special meals can be a bit disappointing to say the least, she pre-ordered a meal that did not list gluten as an allergen on the menu in MMB. Low and behold, the chefs chat did list it !!! All the other choices had gluten too. But a wonderful crew managed to create an "off menu" dish, using various ingredients from the J menu and individual items from the F menu. She said her meal was wonderful ! Top marks to the crew, great service.
I'm another gluten dodger and the Chef's Chat is a great tool. I don't mind ordering GFML when I'm travelling CW or CE, but First special meals are disappointing beyond belief Good to hear your wife had such a great experience
chris1922Mk2 and ijkh like this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 1:21 pm

Programs: BAEC (Silver), IHG (Plat Elite)
As it happens, her GF special meals in CE have in the past been OK, but a bit boring and repetitive. But now that Do & Co are providing the catering, her "special meal" was actually exactly the same as mine !! It just had a reserved sticker on it, and came with an individual wrapped roll, rather than the hot bread offering from the basket. Catering has definitely improved
Outbound we both had a chicken salad, and the return was an excellent roast beef carpaccio with a mango and coronation curry sauce.
Lucanesque likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 11:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Do&Co have definitely made a big difference!! A few years ago GFML = tasteless poached chicken on long haul and some kind of salad with a sawdust roll for SH

I've had both the chicken and the beef over the last few months, this was mine coming back from SOF last week - very impressed! https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...postcount=2430

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.