Wiki Posts
Search

Something a little difference

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2019, 12:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Smile Something a little difference

Bit of a random one, but some of you might remember a post of me asking questions about taking my girlfriend on a surprise trip: Latest time to enter APD and FF details

Well one thing led to another and we got married the other day. I love planes and flying so I had to incorporate some of this into our wedding day.

For each of our tables at reception we decided to name them after a flight number that we had both taken together, and for seating plan I made a “Check-In” board.

Then instead of name places we decided to re-create little boarding passes. I made an online RSVP system which took a booking reference (random 6 character code) which was assigned to each couple or family, much like a flight booking reference. This was individually printed on each boarding pass, then instead of a barcode I put on a QR code just because its more mobile friendly. If you scanned the QR code it would take you to the online system where you could see your filled out RSVP with food preferences etc. Each boarding pass had the flight details of each table along with the travel class we flew in on that flight. Your seat was made up of where you were sat at the table, and I put on your main food choice. I perforated the side part for easy tare off like on a real boarding pass. Finally for the sequence number I decided to use the date of when everyone sent in their RSVP. All small details which I’m sure none of my guests realised but it was good fun putting together.

We had a curry buffet for the main meal so everyone was called up the buffet by the group number on their boarding pass.

As for the actual day I couldn’t have asked for a better day with many incredible memories. For honeymoon my wife has her annually holiday year running from May to May, so she only had a few days holiday left so we just went to the Cotswolds for a few days (no flying ). It was bittersweet as I dropped from Gold to Silver during it as well. Since I only fly for pleasure and due to some illnesses and wedding planning this past year I hadn’t managed to accrue enough points. But still excited for our life together, even if it means I get to fly a little less

Thought you guys might appreciate some of the finer details.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 12:43 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
What a brilliant idea! Congratulations to you both.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 12:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
I absolutely love this!! Congratulations to you both
Old Apr 15, 2019, 12:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Marriott Gold
What a fun and novel idea. Congratulations to both.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 1:07 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

You should have invited me. I'd have barged my way to the front of the buffet queue shouting "Bronze, Bronze!!!"
Old Apr 15, 2019, 1:33 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Wow congratulations!! What a truly fun and unique idea - I am sure it must have been fun to plan!
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 1:55 am

What a great idea - so original. Congratulations!
Old Apr 15, 2019, 2:21 am

Programs: Mariott SE, HH, SPG SE, LT S, 9W BP
One of the best posts I've read here on FT. Bravo and Congrats !
Old Apr 15, 2019, 2:31 am

A very creative and appropriate wedding theme! Congratulations!
Old Apr 15, 2019, 2:49 am

Programs: Mucci (Scirocco Sash), BAEC Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Really great - many congratulations for the big day, and for finding such a creative way to incorporate the geekery we all enjoy indulging in here!
Old Apr 15, 2019, 3:07 am

Only on FT!!!! Congrats - sounds like a great day.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 3:18 am

Programs: BA, SQ
Congrats, neat little idea

The poor person going to Boston has been given a non existent seat in the wrong class, although it could be a J ticket on a 3 class 777 and they're in for a nice surprise
Old Apr 15, 2019, 3:34 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by jday

We had a curry buffet for the main meal so everyone was called up the buffet by the group number on their boarding pass.
I hope there was no protein in the sauce, just like in the Galleries lounge.
RG1X and cosmo74 like this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 4:09 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Congratulations!
Fab idea, may your lives together be turbulence free
Old Apr 15, 2019, 4:31 am

Programs: BA & Accor Gold | Hilton Diamond
I love this. As someone who had a heavy travel theme to their wedding, I really appreciate this. I wish I had the imagination and time to come up with something so clever and intricately detailed! Hats off to you. Congratulations and all the best for the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.