Wiki Posts
Search

New to BA - upgrade inventory release?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2019, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, Hyatt
New to BA - upgrade inventory release?

Alaska MVP Gold, first time booking on BA.

Just booked premium economy seats, SEA-LHR! Upgraded on the way back, but couldnt snare the upgrade outbound. Question - do upgrade seat inventory come open before my departure (May 8) or is that very unlikely?

Is there a discounted upgrade sometimes offered at check in? Im not staying in Europe long, so it may be worth it to me to upgrade.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Assuming this is with cash and you booked via BA direct then yes there could be POUG (pro active upgrades) offered to you via MMB.

On the day you may be offered an Airport UPgrade offer but again there is no guarantee these are available.
tripmaster likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 7:49 pm

Programs: BA GGL
And yes, award upgrade availability comes available often; use a tool like ExpertFlyer or RewardFlightFinder to monitor the date you’re flying for availability.
tripmaster likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 10:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Originally Posted by armouredant
And yes, award upgrade availability comes available often; use a tool like ExpertFlyer or RewardFlightFinder to monitor the date you’re flying for availability.
Yep, using both those sites to monitor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.