Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is ClubEurope like/BA Service

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2019, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Platinium Elite, Aer Lingus AerClub, Lufthansa Miles&More, SAS EuroBonus, VA Flying Club & BA
Thanks everyone so far.

It allows me to do changes without charges.

Its worth it for the bags as I'll be taking kit with me for install/replacement. I get lounge access with Dragon Pass/Priority pass so I'm not concerned about the lounge access. Is the BA lounge better than the 1903 lounge in T3?
Old Apr 14, 2019, 12:28 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by kurtis5561
Thanks everyone so far.

Its worth it for the bags as I'll be taking kit with me for install/replacement. I get lounge access with Dragon Pass/Priority pass so I'm not concerned about the lounge access. Is the BA lounge better than the 1903 lounge in T3?
Personally I think the BA lounge is better simply because it's quieter, but the range of food is slightly better in 1903, the booze is probably better overall in BA.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 12:28 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Thanks everyone so far.

Dragon or Priority passes will only get you into the Escape Lounge at T3, 1903 is a paid lounge either online in advance or on the door. Escape Lounge is usually like a zoo so you'd want to go to the BA lounge as you're flying CE.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
The food and service in F on the train is better than CE on the plane. As is the seat. No security either.

Plus no faff of getting to / from out of town airports.
unless you are connecting or your both your origin and destination are right by each airport...the train is by far the best option. Especially in First which is perfectly pleasant.
rossmacd likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 1:07 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Personally I think the BA lounge is better simply because it's quieter, but the range of food is slightly better in 1903, the booze is probably better overall in BA.
Unless you are flying out (of LHR) again, the train might be better. PP lounge gets you bacon sandwich! BA gets you bubbles and is quieter,
Old Apr 14, 2019, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
The CE cabin service tends to be more personalised than ET - little touches such as jackets hung in wardrobe, hot towels and proper glasses / metal cutlery etc. Makes for a civilised trip.

I should say that the difference isn’t what it once was - ie jackets aren’t always hung up these days, it seems to depend on the crew & also I think some aircraft don’t have wardrobes.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 1:56 pm

What is ClubEurope like
You'll probably come off the flight asking yourself why you (or your employer) paid the difference for CE, particularly on a sector of this length (33-35 minutes flying time). Unless you are in row 1, I see not tangible benefit over an economy ticket. Or taking the train, if you are not connecting onwards.

Others do not share my views/opinions
Old Apr 14, 2019, 2:28 pm

Are you flying from lhr afterwards? If not and only going into London the a Virgin first class ticket is much better!
Old Apr 14, 2019, 3:55 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
The OP as a new member has made the restricted 5 posts in the first 24 hours. As such they won't be allowed to post more until tomorrow.

They should be able to use the messaging system should they desire.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 4:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
With a block time of 1 hour and a likely wheels up to down time of 30-35 minutes, I would not focus a great deal on the hard or soft product. Whether flying or train is better largely depends on where you are headed if in LON or whether you are flying onwards in which case flying makes a great deal of sense.

Whether the money is worth it is a value proposition only the passenger can determine.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 5:07 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by Swanhunter

unless you are connecting or your both your origin and destination are right by each airport...the train is by far the best option. Especially in First which is perfectly pleasant.
Except when the automated seating gods place you at a table of 4 and have to play footsies with a stranger for 2 hours. Even more annoyingly the rest of the carriage was empty bar 2 seats but all were marked "reserved". About 4 other people joined the carriage for the rest of the journey and the crew turned down our request to move saying, of course, that the other seats were "reserved".

The lunchtime food offering was no better than Greggs. A bacon buttie, a soup or a vegan sausage roll - although I believe Greggs do the latter quite well apparently!
Old Apr 14, 2019, 6:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by rossmacd
You'll probably come off the flight asking yourself why you (or your employer) paid the difference for CE, particularly on a sector of this length (33-35 minutes flying time). Unless you are in row 1, I see not tangible benefit over an economy ticket. Or taking the train, if you are not connecting onwards.

Others do not share my views/opinions
Even if it offered a flat bed it wouldn't be worth it in my book....unless someone else was paying for it.
I very much doubt I'd pay over the odds for F in the train either for a journey of that length.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
For a domestic flight not worth it unless you have 2 checked baggages each between 23-32kgs , want lounge access at the airport and want your carry-on to have a guaranteed place on board ( Group 4 and 5 pax ( ET pax with non status which may need to check their bags at the gate due to limited overhead space )) .

These could be the only reasons that you would prefer CE to ET. Also, if your company/client pays for it, go for it.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 11:50 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Often1
Whether flying or train is better largely depends on where you are headed if in LON or whether you are flying onwards in which case flying makes a great deal of sense.
Whether the money is worth it is a value proposition only the passenger can determine.
Agreed, if you are not heading into central London (say traveling to reading or going south) then flying may make more sense. Especially if you are hiring a car then driving out of the Euston area would be a pain.

As for CE, with on-board food and drink, lounge access, fast track, extra baggage and early boarding included for non-status pax it can be worth it if you require all those.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 12:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dddc
Except when the automated seating gods place you at a table of 4 and have to play footsies with a stranger for 2 hours. Even more annoyingly the rest of the carriage was empty bar 2 seats but all were marked "reserved". About 4 other people joined the carriage for the rest of the journey and the crew turned down our request to move saying, of course, that the other seats were "reserved".

The lunchtime food offering was no better than Greggs. A bacon buttie, a soup or a vegan sausage roll - although I believe Greggs do the latter quite well apparently!
Or when you spend a couple of hundred £ on a ticket in first class to ensure you get a seat, get on a packed train, no seats available, someone sitting in your seat who doesn't care that it's been reserved because "where do you expect me to sit - the train is full" so you end up sitting in the vestibule area for a couple of hours being kicked every two minutes.

Unless I'm travelling off peak then plane is a much safer bet than train nowadays, both price and comfort wise. IMHO, YMMV, etc, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.