What is ClubEurope like/BA Service

Reply

Old Apr 14, 19, 12:11 pm
  #16  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Programs: KLM Platinium Elite, Aer Lingus AerClub, Lufthansa Miles&More, SAS EuroBonus, VA Flying Club & BA
Posts: 6
Thanks everyone so far.

It allows me to do changes without charges.

Its worth it for the bags as I'll be taking kit with me for install/replacement. I get lounge access with Dragon Pass/Priority pass so I'm not concerned about the lounge access. Is the BA lounge better than the 1903 lounge in T3?
kurtis5561 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 19, 12:28 pm
  #17  
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Posts: 38,111
Originally Posted by kurtis5561 View Post
Thanks everyone so far.

It allows me to do changes without charges.

Its worth it for the bags as I'll be taking kit with me for install/replacement. I get lounge access with Dragon Pass/Priority pass so I'm not concerned about the lounge access. Is the BA lounge better than the 1903 lounge in T3?
Personally I think the BA lounge is better simply because it's quieter, but the range of food is slightly better in 1903, the booze is probably better overall in BA.
corporate-wage-slave is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 19, 12:28 pm
  #18  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: MAN
Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador
Posts: 208
Originally Posted by kurtis5561 View Post
Thanks everyone so far.

It allows me to do changes without charges.

Its worth it for the bags as I'll be taking kit with me for install/replacement. I get lounge access with Dragon Pass/Priority pass so I'm not concerned about the lounge access. Is the BA lounge better than the 1903 lounge in T3?
Dragon or Priority passes will only get you into the Escape Lounge at T3, 1903 is a paid lounge either online in advance or on the door. Escape Lounge is usually like a zoo so you'd want to go to the BA lounge as you're flying CE.
Crofton138 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 19, 12:39 pm
  #19  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: SE1, London
Posts: 21,696
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear View Post
The food and service in F on the train is better than CE on the plane. As is the seat. No security either.

Plus no faff of getting to / from out of town airports.
unless you are connecting or your both your origin and destination are right by each airport...the train is by far the best option. Especially in First which is perfectly pleasant.
rossmacd likes this.
Swanhunter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 19, 1:07 pm
  #20  
Fairmont Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: UK
Programs: BA (Silver) Asiana (Silver) Hllton (Gold)
Posts: 351
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Personally I think the BA lounge is better simply because it's quieter, but the range of food is slightly better in 1903, the booze is probably better overall in BA.
Unless you are flying out (of LHR) again, the train might be better. PP lounge gets you bacon sandwich! BA gets you bubbles and is quieter,
DeathSlam is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 19, 1:48 pm
  #21  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: UK
Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Posts: 4,337
The CE cabin service tends to be more personalised than ET - little touches such as jackets hung in wardrobe, hot towels and proper glasses / metal cutlery etc. Makes for a civilised trip.

I should say that the difference isnít what it once was - ie jackets arenít always hung up these days, it seems to depend on the crew & also I think some aircraft donít have wardrobes.
IAMORGAN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 19, 1:56 pm
  #22  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,915
Originally Posted by kurtis5561 View Post
What is ClubEurope like
You'll probably come off the flight asking yourself why you (or your employer) paid the difference for CE, particularly on a sector of this length (33-35 minutes flying time). Unless you are in row 1, I see not tangible benefit over an economy ticket. Or taking the train, if you are not connecting onwards.

Others do not share my views/opinions
rossmacd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 19, 2:28 pm
  #23  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 89
Are you flying from lhr afterwards? If not and only going into London the a Virgin first class ticket is much better!
225SG is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 19, 3:55 pm
  #24  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Cumbria
Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Posts: 4,205
The OP as a new member has made the restricted 5 posts in the first 24 hours. As such they won't be allowed to post more until tomorrow.

They should be able to use the messaging system should they desire.
madfish is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 19, 4:01 pm
  #25  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DCA
Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Posts: 40,682
With a block time of 1 hour and a likely wheels up to down time of 30-35 minutes, I would not focus a great deal on the hard or soft product. Whether flying or train is better largely depends on where you are headed if in LON or whether you are flying onwards in which case flying makes a great deal of sense.

Whether the money is worth it is a value proposition only the passenger can determine.
Often1 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 19, 5:07 pm
  #26  
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: UK. BAEC AAdvantage
Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Posts: 3,106
Originally Posted by Swanhunter View Post


unless you are connecting or your both your origin and destination are right by each airport...the train is by far the best option. Especially in First which is perfectly pleasant.
Except when the automated seating gods place you at a table of 4 and have to play footsies with a stranger for 2 hours. Even more annoyingly the rest of the carriage was empty bar 2 seats but all were marked "reserved". About 4 other people joined the carriage for the rest of the journey and the crew turned down our request to move saying, of course, that the other seats were "reserved".

The lunchtime food offering was no better than Greggs. A bacon buttie, a soup or a vegan sausage roll - although I believe Greggs do the latter quite well apparently!
dddc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 19, 6:34 pm
  #27  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Argentina
Programs: BAEC/IB
Posts: 37,407
Originally Posted by rossmacd View Post
You'll probably come off the flight asking yourself why you (or your employer) paid the difference for CE, particularly on a sector of this length (33-35 minutes flying time). Unless you are in row 1, I see not tangible benefit over an economy ticket. Or taking the train, if you are not connecting onwards.

Others do not share my views/opinions
Even if it offered a flat bed it wouldn't be worth it in my book....unless someone else was paying for it.
I very much doubt I'd pay over the odds for F in the train either for a journey of that length.
HIDDY is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 19, 8:08 pm
  #28  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, TK M&S Elite, KE SkyPass Club, PC Bolbol, KK Brnz, LCAccor Clsc, HHonours Blue
Posts: 902
For a domestic flight not worth it unless you have 2 checked baggages each between 23-32kgs , want lounge access at the airport and want your carry-on to have a guaranteed place on board ( Group 4 and 5 pax ( ET pax with non status which may need to check their bags at the gate due to limited overhead space )) .

These could be the only reasons that you would prefer CE to ET. Also, if your company/client pays for it, go for it.
ISTFlyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 19, 11:50 pm
  #29  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Gold Elite
Posts: 257
Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
Whether flying or train is better largely depends on where you are headed if in LON or whether you are flying onwards in which case flying makes a great deal of sense.
Whether the money is worth it is a value proposition only the passenger can determine.
Agreed, if you are not heading into central London (say traveling to reading or going south) then flying may make more sense. Especially if you are hiring a car then driving out of the Euston area would be a pain.

As for CE, with on-board food and drink, lounge access, fast track, extra baggage and early boarding included for non-status pax it can be worth it if you require all those.
Akoz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 19, 12:02 am
  #30  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: London / Brighton
Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Posts: 1,195
Originally Posted by dddc View Post
Except when the automated seating gods place you at a table of 4 and have to play footsies with a stranger for 2 hours. Even more annoyingly the rest of the carriage was empty bar 2 seats but all were marked "reserved". About 4 other people joined the carriage for the rest of the journey and the crew turned down our request to move saying, of course, that the other seats were "reserved".

The lunchtime food offering was no better than Greggs. A bacon buttie, a soup or a vegan sausage roll - although I believe Greggs do the latter quite well apparently!
Or when you spend a couple of hundred £ on a ticket in first class to ensure you get a seat, get on a packed train, no seats available, someone sitting in your seat who doesn't care that it's been reserved because "where do you expect me to sit - the train is full" so you end up sitting in the vestibule area for a couple of hours being kicked every two minutes.

Unless I'm travelling off peak then plane is a much safer bet than train nowadays, both price and comfort wise. IMHO, YMMV, etc, etc.
Lucanesque is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread