Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

615 GBP to upgrade to CW...... say WTP or upgrade??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

615 GBP to upgrade to CW...... say WTP or upgrade??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2019, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Often1
How can any of us advise you? We don't know what GBP 615 means to you. If it is what you drop on a bar tab after work, it is well worth it. If it means that your kids don't get new shoes, then it is not worth it.
Those are expensive shoes. Are you buying your kids Louboutins?
Geordie405 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 5:15 pm

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
Originally Posted by Calchas
Those are expensive shoes. Are you buying your kids Louboutins?
Maybe s/he has 10 kids!
Old Apr 14, 2019, 7:56 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by flyer200
I do the 70 pounds per hour calculation personally from WTP - CW
My rule of thumb is about $100/hr, so we are in the same ballpark. £615 seems too much for me.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 1:15 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, UA Premier Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Various Rental Car Statuses
BA’s upgrade offers are rightfully priced at a point most people wouldn’t take them. BA doesn’t want to cannablize sales of its premium cabins. Indeed. A WT to WTP AUP upgrade is often much higher than the fare difference on the tickets if bought at least a few weeks out (and barring E or T not being available).
Old Apr 15, 2019, 2:58 am

Programs: Confirmed
I have yet to take my first WT+ but I’ve taken other USA-LHR flights in emergency row. From my experience the food/drinks are less relevant as I am usually very sleepy when onboard and would order nothing to maximise sleep time.
If it’s a short BOS/JFK flight I’d say £615 won’t buy an awful lot more. But for LAX SFO then I’d pay for it.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 5:54 am

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
If like me you are a person who can fall asleep at the drop of a hat or cannot watch a tv programme without falling asleep, you will be OK in WTP. Just got of BWI-LHR this morning and I slept the entire journey except for one loo break. Ate a good meal a couple of hours before getting on the plane, used my own in ear headphones, put on an audio book, and I was gone! I'm as bright as a button now and not sure if I would have felt even more rested if I was in CW, but hey if it was going cheap or free I would take it.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by IntVic
If like me you are a person who can fall asleep at the drop of a hat or cannot watch a tv programme without falling asleep, you will be OK in WTP. Just got of BWI-LHR this morning and I slept the entire journey except for one loo break. Ate a good meal a couple of hours before getting on the plane, used my own in ear headphones, put on an audio book, and I was gone! I'm as bright as a button now and not sure if I would have felt even more rested if I was in CW, but hey if it was going cheap or free I would take it.
I've literally never slept for more than a couple of hours on a flight. Even in first.

I would spend thousands to obtain that skill!
WickedStepMother likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 7:41 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by RG1X
I've literally never slept for more than a couple of hours on a flight. Even in first.

Highly suggest you go to your GP and try zoplicone. I sleep well on flights thanks to modern chemistry.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by seaskybound
Highly suggest you go to your GP and try zoplicone. I sleep well on flights thanks to modern chemistry.
I guess it's an option, but I'm loathe to take drugs unless absolutely necessary! (Nor am I a fan of wasting GP time).
Old Apr 15, 2019, 8:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by RG1X

I'm also a poor sleeper no matter what cabin I'm in. When I was younger it didn't bother me but now I'd prefer be sleepless in a CW seat than a WT+ one. I think it's a decent price for the extra space.
WickedStepMother and ibbitsc like this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:00 am

Absolutely. I tend not to fly WT+ now for anything over say 6 hours though as I've previously had a DVT (not from a flight) and the thought of another terrifies me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.