Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA upgrades scandal article in Las Vegas Review-Journal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2019, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, AerClub

Thought this article may be of interest to those of you wondering what's the best way to a free op-up:
https://www.reviewjournal.com/invest...amily-1635949/

Excerpt:

On a September morning in 2012, Cathy Tull, the top marketing executive at the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority, was pushing for an answer.
She told her assistant to pin down a free British Airways flight upgrade for the wife of then-CEO Rossi Ralenkotter. Tull wanted an update on the status of the tickets for an upcoming meeting with Ralenkotter.
The convention authority’s travel coordinator, Jean Burdett, immediately flagged the request as problematic. “BA’s policy is very strictly adhered to, especially since we are affiliated with Clark County and this would be considered a payoff or a bribe to a government official,” Burdett wrote to Tull’s assistant, suggesting her concerns came from British Airways representatives.

Last edited by FinnRolo; Apr 14, 2019 at 2:23 pm
Old Apr 14, 2019, 3:04 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
As per FT rules. Please provide a summary/excerpts of the article you're posting, so that folks aren't required to visit the external site.

(and with this one having such an obnoxious anti add blocker, definitely intend not to myself)
hsmall, Misco60 and DiamondMile like this.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 4:10 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Old news (like way back in the Pre-Brexit era)......
Old Apr 14, 2019, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
As per FT rules. Please provide a summary/excerpts of the article you're posting, so that folks aren't required to visit the external site.

(and with this one having such an obnoxious anti add blocker, definitely intend not to myself)
Fixed.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Old news (like way back in the Pre-Brexit era)......
Was not something I was aware of, and the article is dated April 8, 2019.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.