Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Confused about my seat map

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2019, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Confused about my seat map

I opened my BA app today to double check I had the right seat for my flight tomorrow (JFK-LGW) I had POUG from WT (HBO) to WTP for £209. A little higher than I normally would have gone but did it anyway having been in the 10 abreast Y in the way out here and not being comfortable at all with my shoulders being far too wide for that setup.

it turns out I have been upgraded again to CW. But when I went to pick my seat the seat map looks like this:

So row 4 where I am is all forward facing? According to FlightRadar it is going to be G-VIIW which according to the fleet guide here on FT is the 10 abreast Y which is why I did the POUG in the first place.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 4:47 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Don't get your hopes up too far, but you may want to read the FLUB thread.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Don't get your hopes up too far, but you may want to read the FLUB thread.
Thank you, I had an inkling that it may be along those lines however the plane (assuming that FlightRadar is right) doesn’t have an F cabin according to the BA Fleet Guide here on FT.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 4:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AF Silver
Even more confusing if you look at the ba source seat plan for G-VIIW as it shows rows 1 - 4 as First and 10 - 15 as CW
Old Apr 13, 2019, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HighlandBoy
Even more confusing if you look at the ba source seat plan for G-VIIW as it shows rows 1 - 4 as First and 10 - 15 as CW
Aha! So not what is suggested by the guide here on FT, thank you.
HighlandBoy likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 4:57 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by wilsnunn

Thank you, I had an inkling that it may be along those lines however the plane (assuming that FlightRadar is right) doesn’t have an F cabin according to the BA Fleet Guide here on FT.
India Whisky has only recently returned from SIN after re-fitting, she hasn't done many flights, but she is 4 class. Obviously (a) you need to see what actually leave LGW tomorrow and (b) looking at the sales buckets they don't appear sold out, but WT looks full on the seat map, and WTP isn't far off (hence why they successfully extracted money off you rather than just give it to you.....) So again, best not to assume anything here. It's possible some LHR services are oversold and they are moving passengers over, though this is all guess work.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Would anybody be able to suggest which seat I should pick (although of course I shall not raise my hopes too much for FLUB).
Old Apr 13, 2019, 5:01 pm

Would anybody be able to suggest which seat I should pick (although of course I shall not raise my hopes too much for FLUB).
Frankly I would stick where you are. By all means check-in but don't print / app the boarding pass. I don't think you want to be fighting the system at this point, tomorrow may be another scenario.
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

OLCI time came and I tried to do it, but faced the following:

Also unable to in the app, seat in the app is now showing 11B.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:56 pm

Programs: Gold at BA, Hilton and Radisson.

Your flight looks full in Y, pretty full in W and not so full they’ll open F for J. Not sure why you can’t check in. Definitely all ticketed?
Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:58 pm

Programs: Gold at BA, Hilton and Radisson.
To check if you are ticketed, in The app under flight status you should see four rows:
Number of Stops:
Flight Duration:
Aircraft:
Ticket Number:

there should be be a long number there, typically 125-xxxx
Old Apr 14, 2019, 1:25 am

Also unable to in the app, seat in the app is now showing 11B.
I think we have seen a few examples of this (odd seat selection and First blocked) before with FLUB. They will have to roll people from WT to WTP if they have things like irrops and staff standbys, plus anyone ticketed by AA who haven't selected seats and aren't fully known to FLY. But it seems unlikely to be 10 of them (though staff standbys from NYC could easily be 10 or more), however if FLUB is open then the agent could give you a row 4 or below. So I would get to the airport check-in earlier on and see what they you can do. If 15E and F are both likely to stay empty then that's a really good pair of seats on an overnight, if you get to have both of them, 13E and F does not have a step over to the aisle on either side as things stand. But keep an eye on this, it may change later on.
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 3:07 am

Good luck @wilsnunn. I must say, if you are FLUBed, that £209 looks like an excellent investment to move from 10-abreast WT. Even ‘just’ CW is a pretty good step up for that price, let alone CW in a First seat!
Old Apr 14, 2019, 3:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ScienceTeacher
To check if you are ticketed, in The app under flight status you should see four rows:
Number of Stops:
Flight Duration:
Aircraft:
Ticket Number:

there should be be a long number there, typically 125-xxxx
Thank you for this, the ticket number is there as it should be. Thank you everybody for your help.

@corporate-wage-slave thank you for your seating input. I am not a CW veteran in the slightest (this will be my second time ever) so any tips and advice are very welcome.

@Squark I certainly agree. Even if they were going to maybe give it to me for free, £209 on what was a last minute £350 return is not bad at all in my mind for CW (or even WTP), let alone FLUB if it does happen.

Last edited by wilsnunn; Apr 14, 2019 at 3:44 am
Old Apr 14, 2019, 3:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ScienceTeacher
Not sure why you can’t check in. Definitely all ticketed?
I could check in but not get my mobile boarding pass on the outbound, that turned out to be as a result of SSSS. Despite hearing scare stories about SSSS here on FT, it was a very quick process, shoes remained on and a quick swab was taken from both of my bags and my hands and I was quickly on my way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.