BA denied Eindhoven service

Old Apr 12, 19, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, EI, IB
BA denied Eindhoven service

BA put on waiting list due to lack of slots. (Article in Dutch)

https://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/nieu...-maar-mag-niet
Old Apr 12, 19, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

#blameitonbrexit

Old Apr 12, 19, 11:48 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Here's a translation extract - it's lack of slots in Eindhoven, incidently! It sounds like an appeal for expansion expenditure from the outgoing airport director.
British Airways has approached Eindhoven Airport in recent months to open a scheduled service to London, but the airline had to be turned down, due to a lack of slots, the Airport director Joost Meijs has revealed.

Meijs says in an interview with the Eindhovens Dagblad that it hurt him to refuse British Airways. "A destination like London Heathrow would really provide a quality boost, that is also the Region's big chance." No legacy carriers are currently flying to the airport.

“But if you want to make such a connection every day, you need two slots per day for incoming and outgoing traffic. A good connection actually requires an early morning flight and a late evening flight. That amounts to 1,500 flight movements per year. That space is not there now. "

Ryanair cancelled its base at Eindhoven Airport at the end of last year following a labour dispute with the pilots, but that did not result in sufficient slots. Meijs continued: “They no longer have any aircraft stationed here, but they still carry out almost all of their flights to Eindhoven. So that's not nearly enough. "
Old Apr 12, 19, 11:48 am

So they have slots at LHR but not at Eindhoven?
Old Apr 12, 19, 12:08 pm

I flew my airplane in there once. The people I dealt with were a pretty nasty, arrogant lot. Eindhoven airport have a serious case of self importance syndrome. I can only imagine a lack of slots is from some kind of local planning restriction, it sure isn't from airport capacity.
Old Apr 12, 19, 12:15 pm

An LHR-Eindhoven-LHR night stopper is surely possible if they have enough ramp space at Eindhoven.
Old Apr 12, 19, 12:21 pm

Programs: BA Oneworld
Eindhoven is about an hour's drive from Amsterdam. In fact, anywhere in the Netherlands is withing an hour's drive of Amsterdam. Just sayin'...
Old Apr 12, 19, 12:23 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by BrianWBrazil View Post
Eindhoven is about an hour's drive from Amsterdam. In fact, anywhere in the Netherlands is withing an hour's drive of Amsterdam. Just sayin'...
As are Brussels and Dusseldorf, little over an hour to Eindhoven
Old Apr 12, 19, 12:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Maastricht isn't, nor is Tilburg.
Old Apr 12, 19, 12:28 pm

Programs: SQ & QF
Not only that you can get on a train from AMS airport to Eindhoven.
Old Apr 12, 19, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Eindhoven even has slot allocation? I learn something every day. With about 12% of Gatwick's annual aircraft movement count on the same number of runways (one) it's not simple runway limits.
I feel they are just not very interested in operating a full-time airport. From "Capacity declaration Eindhoven Airport; IATA Summer season 2018"
https://slotcoordination.nl/wp-conte...ersion-1.3.pdf
Opening hours:
1. Commercial Aviation - Monday-Sunday: 05:00-21:59 UTC, with:
- A maximum of 5 departure and 0 arrival slots, 05:00-05:29 UTC; except on day 7 (Sunday) maximum 4 departures;
  • - A maximum of 4 departure and 0 arrival slots, 05:30-05:59 UTC;
  • - A maximum of 5 slots between 18:00-18:59 UTC;
  • - A maximum of 2 slots between 19:00-19:59 UTC;
  • - A maximum of 6 arrival and 0 departure slots, 20:00-20:59 UTC;
  • - A maximum of 4 arrival and 0 departure slots, 21:00-21:30 UTC;
  • - 0 arrival and 0 departure slots between 21:31-21:59 UTC;
A maximum of 3 departing aircraft with a non-Schengen destination per rolling 60 minutes;
A maximum of 4 departing aircraft with a Schengen destination per rolling 30 minutes;
The capacity in the Non-Schengen departure lounge is limited to 570 passengers at any given moment. The average time spent by passengers in this lounge is 75 minutes;
A maximum of 7 departing aircraft per rolling 60 minutes, from 06:00 UTC until 18:00 UTC
A maximum of 13 departing aircraft per rolling 120 minutes;
A maximum of 3 departing aircraft per 10 minutes;
george77300 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 19, 12:59 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Eindhoven...

That'll be the one with the (literal) outside cattle pens then?

#DontDoItBAItsNotWorthIt
Old Apr 12, 19, 1:45 pm

Programs: Former BA/AA/CP/LY employee, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Platinum, Samsung Platinum
Paging the ghost of BA franchisee BASE Regional Airlines...

https://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/...agreement.html
https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/BASE_Regional_Airlines
Old Apr 12, 19, 1:45 pm

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Total BS.

I have an office in Eindoven and I challenge you to get there in 1 hour, maybe delete Utrecht.

So if anywhere is within 1 hour of AMS let me ask you to drive to my other office in Dirksland., maybe delete Rotterdam traffic as well.

KLM used to fly from T4 with Phillips were there and it was busy.
stijnec and DYKWIA like this.
Old Apr 12, 19, 2:18 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
EIN has its number of flight movements per year limited by local regulations dating back to when commercial flights started up. Itís an agreement with the local council in order to limit noise and pollution complaints from residents. Unfortunately not the whole world is as enthusiastic about aviation as all of us on here. And yes, I also got grief from airport management when flying my PA28 in there too so they can stick their airport.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: