Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First first flying from LGW

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2019, 2:44 am
Original Poster

First first flying from LGW

What can I expect from flying first and departing from LGW South terminal. We are overnighting on the Bloc hotel and are due to fly at 10am
Old Apr 15, 2019, 2:47 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
The BLOC hotel reception desk is about 8ft from the entrance to premium security. You can check-in your luggage the night before if you wish, otherwise you will have to go downstairs to checkin, and then back upstairs to where the BLOC is to enter security. When you exit security keep to the left (don't go down the stairs) to take the shortcut to the lounge. BA has an F lounge, it will be serving breakfast. Details here: First Lounge London Gatwick | Catering options

That is it.

Last edited by Airprox; Apr 15, 2019 at 2:53 am
Old Apr 15, 2019, 4:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Check-in / bag drop at LGW for First is in the half-separate “premium” area along with Club (with normally one separate lane for First / BA Gold). It’s fine and efficient, but not as distinct as the First Wing at LHR. And security is just regular premium security, which is fine.

The LGW First lounge is also shared with BA Golds - it’s perfectly nice and normally fairly quiet (as not all that many flights with First or Gold cardholders through LGW), but it’s nowhere near as “first” as the Concorde Room at LHR. It’s perfectly pleasant but I wouldn’t actively plan to spend more time there than you need to have a quick breakfast and a glass of something cold and bubbly (Tango?!).

nothing more to it, really
Old Apr 15, 2019, 4:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
Be sure to pre-order your main course in Manage my Booking on the way out, and read this thread to learn about the recent changes BA has made to First - hopefully they have reached Gatwick as well. New First soft product: your experiences

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.