First time in First

Old Apr 12, 2019, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Smile First time in First

Hello everyone!

Really enjoy the community here and this isn’t a groundbreaking thread. Just wanted to ask for some recommendations to make the most of my first time in first with BA.

Going to LAS 14th June and have to travel alone as my friends made alternative arrangments to get there. So how would you recommend I make the most of my time in LHR?

Im pretty sure on a previous thread I’ve read strong recommendations for an espresso martini? Loved it on the Emirates A380...

also with my ticket, am I allowed access to Concorde room?

So excited!
Old Apr 12, 2019, 5:51 am

Programs: AA EXP
LAS is out of T3 so no CCR but there are 7 lounges you can hop around. I would spend most of the time at the CX one (F&J). Register via you first for a massage at BA lounge
Old Apr 12, 2019, 6:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Another vote for the Cathay lounge, even with the new glitzy Qantas lounge IMHO it's by far the best. That said, if you like gin or salt & pepper squid then leave yourself time to drop in to the Qantas lounge too ^

If you're interested in a treatment at the Elemis Spa, then contact YouFirst 28 days out to book the timeslot you want. If you leave it to the day of travel then you might not get one.

Once you've visited those two lounges, and have had a treatment, then I'm afraid that's all there really is for someone travelling BA First.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seaskybound
LAS is out of T3 so no CCR but there are 7 lounges you can hop around. I would spend most of the time at the CX one (F&J). Register via you first for a massage at BA lounge
oh no! I didn’t realise it’ll be T3,

Thank you for the recommendation though! Will make the most of it!
Old Apr 12, 2019, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lucanesque
Another vote for the Cathay lounge, even with the new glitzy Qantas lounge IMHO it's by far the best. That said, if you like gin or salt & pepper squid then leave yourself time to drop in to the Qantas lounge too ^

If you're interested in a treatment at the Elemis Spa, then contact YouFirst 28 days out to book the timeslot you want. If you leave it to the day of travel then you might not get one.

Once you've visited those two lounges, and have had a treatment, then I'm afraid that's all there really is for someone travelling BA First.
salt and pepper squid sounds absolutely delicious. This is why I love this forum, within 30 mins of my post, the recommendations are already making my pre-flight departure excellent.

May be a silly question, but where do I find this YouFirst to book spa? Just on manage my booking?

Ta again
Lucanesque likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 6:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Rufin
May be a silly question, but where do I find this YouFirst to book spa? Just on manage my booking?
Here's the contact form / number for YouFirst - https://www.britishairways.com/trave...d=youfirstform
Rufin likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 6:44 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
If you were to do a one way avios redemption for a LHR T5 flight the same day as the return in F, you could use that to transfer into T5 where you can then show the incoming F ticket and use the CCR as an arrivals lounge in effect and to have breakfast and a sit on the terrace with an Espresso Martini. Then unload yourself from the redemption and go home.

It would be a shame to miss the CCR as part of the F experience, it's a very nice part of it, although I prefer the CX F lounge over pretty much anywhere for general travel - it's quiet, airy, and the food is usually pretty good.
Rufin likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lucanesque

is there an etiquette to tip or is a genuine thank you sufficient?
Old Apr 12, 2019, 7:17 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze; Marriott: Gold
Originally Posted by Rufin

is there an etiquette to tip or is a genuine thank you sufficient?
No tipping to any of the staff in any of the lounges.
Rufin and Lucanesque like this.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 7:48 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by bisonrav
If you were to do a one way avios redemption for a LHR T5 flight the same day as the return in F, you could use that to transfer into T5 where you can then show the incoming F ticket and use the CCR as an arrivals lounge in effect and to have breakfast and a sit on the terrace with an Espresso Martini. Then unload yourself from the redemption and go home.

It would be a shame to miss the CCR as part of the F experience, it's a very nice part of it, although I prefer the CX F lounge over pretty much anywhere for general travel - it's quiet, airy, and the food is usually pretty good.
I think an espresso martini can be whipped up for far less faff than that!
Old Apr 12, 2019, 7:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by bakera
No tipping to any of the staff in any of the lounges.
Whilst tips are not expected, they are certainly greatly appreciated when offered.
DreamTrip likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
Don't forget to pre-order your main course on the outbound flight so that you get your first choice - you can do that in Manage My Booking from approx 30 days out. And another vote for the Cathay First lounge - it's so much nicer than the BA offering which is rather dingey in comparison.

How to maximise the First experience is quite a commonly asked question on here, so there are plenty of threads already with lots of good advice:
First time BA First
Just Flew BA First Class For The First Time...
First Time on BA F
My 1st Ever BA First Flight... Tips to make the most out of it?

There have of course been a few changes to the service since most of these were written, so do keep an eye on this thread too: New First soft product: your experiences

Oh, and be sure to book a window seat if you're travelling alone. I think that 2A or K are best if travelling solo, but 1A or K on the 747 are a pretty novel experience - they're reserved for golds but if you're not one of those then they will become available to book closer to the departure date (I think either 3 days or 24 hours out, but I'm sure someone else can confirm).
Lucanesque likes this.

Last edited by cosmo74; Apr 12, 2019 at 8:41 am Reason: added to response
Old Apr 12, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: BA Gold
I was upgraded on checkin to First, from LHR to Beijing, back in January this year, this was in T5, so I was guided through to the first wing and into the 1st Lounge.

I had not found this forum at the time, and did not realise I had access to the Concorde room (thought it was for 'special' people), so I missed out on the experience.

Had I found this forum beforehand, I would have realised I could have gone in, so you're ahead of the game on me! (I'll have to wait until this September for my next opportunity to hit the Concorde Lounge)

Enjoy the whole experience, despite the plane being 5 hours late, I did
Old Apr 12, 2019, 9:05 am

I am also having my first BA F flight next week as a part of a TP run from GOT-HEL-LHR-PHL-MIA. I upgraded to F with Avios from LHR. I have had around 8 flights in *A F previously, but first time with BA. As a BA gold I reserved 1A This is purely a hobby and getting quite addicted to getting those 1500TP each year

Regarding Elemis SPA, I tried to book early but they had no space left. Same with Cabana which already had waiting list. So you pretty much can forget pre booking anything there. But I rather spend my time in CCR for the 2h I have available.

Really looking forward to BA F on the 747. Considering of doing a BYOC also
Old Apr 12, 2019, 9:18 am
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Going for the poker by any chance?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.