Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stranded in Vegas - BA274

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2019, 8:09 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by Score8
Even without available capacity on other flights, I would guess that this is one of those ' oh darn, I'm stuck in XXX for a few more days'.
Espescially in Vegas where the food is cheap and entertainment is free and many times a bargain !
Old Apr 14, 2019, 11:06 pm

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

.... If the BA274 is delayed overnight at late notice, there are typically no options that will get you across the Atlantic that night.
Very true - but in this case isn't the key point that the default position was to keep people holed-up in Las Vegas from Wed night to Friday night so that they could use the same aircraft? I certainly would be been requesting a reroute somewhere on the Thursday, and would be prepared to put in a delay claim (on the basis of not taking all reasonable steps) if BA had refused to reroute me after calling a couple of times.

Originally Posted by HMPS
Espescially in Vegas where the food is cheap and entertainment is free and many times a bargain !
Even if they put me up a Treasure Island, hanging around for an extra 48 hours would still be a "rum deal" for me
HMPS likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
Interesting Mixed fleet crews have so long to rest. I do know that if LGW staff fly to Vegas on Sunday they work Monday nights flight home just like a Boston, New York, Washington, Miami etc and are in dispute with BA which is fully expected to turn into industrial action. I’m guessing it’s contractually different for LGW staff but would have thought minimum rest period would be a legal thing.
Legal minimum rest in Vegas is 14 hours for cabin crew, we usually get about 22 hours, operating the 275 out then the 274 home the following night. Having done a min rest Vegas 'rescue' flight from standby to take out an aircraft full of delayed pax to pick up the pax delayed coming home from LAS trust me I wouldn't wish it in my worst enemy!

It it isn't contractually different for LGW crew as far as I'm aware, we all operate under EASA regs, the only difference we do have is in Cape Town, we operate a '4 day' trip, with one night in CPT, whereas I don't think LGW do. In this case I should think it's flight crew rest that has dictated the delay.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 4:15 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Should the passengers get the same level of care as the cabin crew, assuming they were on the "fumes" plane for roughly the same length of time ? BA sent to crew to hospital for tests, with several being subsequently declared unfit.
HMPS likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: BA Silver, Le Club Accor Hotels Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tangey
Should the passengers get the same level of care as the cabin crew, assuming they were on the "fumes" plane for roughly the same length of time ? BA sent to crew to hospital for tests, with several being subsequently declared unfit.
Of course, however fume events can be localised to a certain area of the aircraft. (I don't know the location of this particular fume event nor the exact details of the event) however for as an example it could have been in the flight deck or in a galley or even in the SCCM office. In this case the crew would be exposed to the fumes more than a passenger. Also as the crew are generally more active and therefore the body uses more oxygen, their exposure to the fumes would increase which could explain why some crew were declared unfit, whilst others were not.
flygirl68 likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 4:30 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by bhdcommuter
Of course, however fume events can be localised to a certain area of the aircraft. (I don't know the location of this particular fume event nor the exact details of the event) however for as an example it could have been in the flight deck or in a galley or even in the SCCM office. In this case the crew would be exposed to the fumes more than a passenger. Also as the crew are generally more active and therefore the body uses more oxygen, their exposure to the fumes would increase which could explain why some crew were declared unfit, whilst others were not.
I'm going by what was reported up thread
.... Everyone was off-loaded and the crew had to be taken to hospital as a precaution.
they were taken as a precaution, and subsequently declared unfit.
Was the entire crew taken, cockpit and all the flight attentdants ?
HMPS likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.