Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is the race back on with Virgin

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2019, 2:51 pm

Programs: GGL/CCR
Just got back from a trip on VS.

BA has them beat in every area. I'd even take old CW over new UC.

It looks nice though!
Old Sep 21, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
Question A350 BA CW vs Virgin UC

So now both are operational, which one do you prefer? I noticed the suite door on the Virgin doesn't fully close, unlike the BA one
Old Sep 21, 2019, 12:39 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by GodAtum
So now both are operational, which one do you prefer? I noticed the suite door on the Virgin doesn't fully close, unlike the BA one
The TurningLeftForLess review was pretty damning! The language in the link speaks for itself...

https://www.turningleftforless.com/b...ss-experience/
T8191 and mec72 like this.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
The TurningLeftForLess review was pretty damning! The language in the link speaks for itself...

TPG UK has a more positive review - https://thepointsguy.co.uk/reviews/v...0-upper-class/

each to their own, seems like a fun product and experience on Virgin. Flown the old Virgin UC twice and had a great experience.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 12:59 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
lorcancoyle I find TLFL via impartial in their reviews. It does very much seem that VS have shot themselves in the foot with the launch of the A350.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 1:01 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by haroon145
TPG UK has a more positive review - https://thepointsguy.co.uk/reviews/v...0-upper-class/

each to their own, seems like a fun product and experience on Virgin. Flown the old Virgin UC twice and had a great experience.
Although to be fair, they may be reviewing the same plane but different cabins. Even the TPG review suggests some issues with the seat.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by madfish
Although to be fair, they may be reviewing the same plane but different cabins. Even the TPG review suggests some issues with the seat.
Yes agree some issues, but TPG reviewed all 3 cabins, great video!
Old Sep 21, 2019, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
As a legacy VS Red from a decade or more ago, there is nothing there to convince me.

More relevant, the route network just doesn’t do it for us. YMMV if you like Mikey Mouse, Vegas, etc.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 1:16 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by haroon145
Yes agree some issues, but TPG reviewed all 3 cabins, great video!
The only one I have seen is the Y one.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
lorcancoyle I find TLFL via impartial in their reviews. It does very much seem that VS have shot themselves in the foot with the launch of the A350.
Agree - seems like a clear loser vs Club Suites, but may be attractive vs the current Club layout (on some aircraft) despite that.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 1:41 pm

The only one I have seen is the Y one.
Link to the video -

Old Sep 21, 2019, 1:59 pm

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle

I have to agree, I don't think many people should fit with the table deployed!
Old Sep 21, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
I've flown with VS previously in Upper. My only complaints were that the seats face into the aisle and I didn't have a window view and I found the space at the bottom of the ottoman to be quite restrictive when I was trying to sleep.

That suite initially sounded like a good improvement but the result looks very badly designed. Did they actually test it on anyone who was six foot or over? I very much doubt it as there are all sorts of space issues highlighted there.

Virgin's existing Premium Economy beats BA's hands down but it looks like the difference will be less pronounced on the VS A350 as the seats will undoubtedly lose at least 1.5 inches of width with the 8 across configuration. I think Virgin have got this badly wrong in their premium cabins.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 2:29 pm

I think VS has excellent marketing but a poor product. Everyone who hasn’t flown them thinks they’re great. They think they’re great. But if you have flown them are well down the table of best J albeit with some very nice touches.

But who doesn’t love that ad with the brick sized mobile from the miners’ strike times?
masmadrid likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 4:09 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Greenpen
I think VS has excellent marketing but a poor product. Everyone who hasn’t flown them thinks they’re great. They think they’re great. But if you have flown them are well down the table of best J albeit with some very nice touches.

But who doesn’t love that ad with the brick sized mobile from the miners’ strike times?
I've flown them and they are fine. Better than BA IME.
choosethedrew and haroon145 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.