4/5A or 5E/F [on 747 to JNB]

Old Apr 8, 19, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver; Virgin Silver; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Avis president's
4/5A or 5E/F [on 747 to JNB]

Hi all,
i would appreciate the views of those with more experience. Mrs U and I are flying our second F to JNB, (First time on the 747).

The cabin is fairly full, with 3 spare seats, 1 being blocked in row 1. Our seat choice is therefore 4A and 5 A,E and F.

As JNB is an overnight, which pair would you recommend, the rear mid pair or 2 A windows?

Thanks,
Old Apr 9, 19, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Take the windows. The middle pairs are rather exposed and not, IME, as conducive to a good nights sleep.
Old Apr 9, 19, 12:44 am

Programs: GlobalEntry, UK RT, BA Gold, VS , Hertz 5 Star, HH, PP, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by umgowah View Post
Hi all,
i would appreciate the views of those with more experience. Mrs U and I are flying our second F to JNB, (First time on the 747).

The cabin is fairly full, with 3 spare seats, 1 being blocked in row 1. Our seat choice is therefore 4A and 5 A,E and F

As JNB is an overnight, which pair would you recommend, the rear mid pair or 2 A windows?

Thanks,
I've done this flight and I'd do 2A windows. The E and F are "very exposed" in the middle with a flimsy little window separating the two seats. We were in 2K and 3K and liked it a lot. I would take 4A and 5A with the windows.
umgowah likes this.

Last edited by backdoc; Apr 9, 19 at 12:53 am