Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Have BA Holidays removed the ability to pay a deposit and instalments?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2019, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Silver, JJC (circa 1980)

Twice today I've tried to price different trips (one a flight/hotel, the other a flight/car) and both times have followed all the way to input of card details without having an option to pay deposit and instalments. Is this another famous BA IT glitch, or have they quietly moved the goalposts?
Old Apr 8, 2019, 11:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
I booked a New York Holiday last night and had no problem paying deposit.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 12:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
I've booked 2 trips over the weekend and no problem.

I did discover that not all origination points offer holidays, but that wasn't the question.

In order for you to offered a installment facility, the holiday has to consist of 2 elements minimum.
This can be:
1. RT flights
2. A hotel or car booking for the entire duration of your stay.
3. However if your hotel or car reservation is less than the entire duration of your stay, you will require a 3rd element. So for some of my ex eu's I add a cheap hotel the night before departure.

Then the website should price it and offer installments.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 12:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I booked a holiday (flight, hotel and car) last week with a Ł300 deposit.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Try the holiday making tool - always seems to work
Old Apr 8, 2019, 12:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold
Also depends on departure date being 5(?) weeks away. If sooner then full cost needs to be paid.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by Cris L

I did discover that not all origination points offer holidays, but that wasn't the question.

In order for you to offered a installment facility, the holiday has to consist of 2 elements minimum.
This can be:
1. RT flights
3. However if your hotel or car reservation is less than the entire duration of your stay, you will require a 3rd element. So for some of my ex eu's I add a cheap hotel the night before departure.

I have had no trouble with a holiday booking comprising of a 3 night car rental within a much longer trip period. I don't think it's necessary for the "2nd" element to be for the duration of the trip.
acucobol, wilsnunn and orbitmic like this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Silver, JJC (circa 1980)

This can be:
1. RT flights

This could be my problem. For both trips (still several months away), the car and hotel aren't needed for the entire duration of the trip. Will keep looking. Thanks!
Old Apr 8, 2019, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by zafiragirl
This could be my problem. For both trips (still several months away), the car and hotel aren't needed for the entire duration of the trip. Will keep looking. Thanks!
Should still be bookable as a holiday with deposit tho. I booked an open jaw to Spain (in to Alicante and out from Valencia) with 3 days hotel (trip = 15 days) and got to pay deposit.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 2:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
Originally Posted by Virazuno
I have had no trouble with a holiday booking comprising of a 3 night car rental within a much longer trip period. I don't think it's necessary for the "2nd" element to be for the duration of the trip.
Mmm. This is what I was told by BA Holidays once, and it is my experience too.

I hope I can learn from others experience with this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Virgin Red, HH Silver, SPG Gold, Priority Pass,
Agree, I have a hotel booked for part of the flight duration, however it needs to be booked as a holiday and not adding a hotel to the flight.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 4:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by zafiragirl
I haven’t encountered this before. I have currently booked LON-XXX, YYY-LON one month apart and a hotel in ZZZ for one night where XXX and YYY are both in Europe (different countries) and ZZZ is in South East Asia.

On a separate booking have booked a car for one day two weeks before any of the flights in the booking.

Always been able to use a deposit and instalments.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 5:41 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, IHG Gold, HHonors Gold
I have priced up a flight and then added a car in the extras bit and this comes in Ł200 cheaper than selecting the flight + car at the outset, will the phone team be able to replicate the cheaper price and offer instalments? Would love to have this option.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Mmm. This is what I was told by BA Holidays once, and it is my experience too.
I'm glad to say that the information they gave you was incorrect. Both my partner and myself have booked multiple "custom made" BA Holiday trips with return flights and partial (even a single night) hotel. The offer automatically defaulted on the deposit payment only without any issue.
argonath likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 9:39 am

I’ve been looking at flights, somewhere to MCO.
if I book a fly/drive, you get the option to pay a deposit. But of course the choices of flights are less

if I book a flight only on BA aircraft and add a car I get the deposit only option.

However if I book a flight only, but one or more of the legs across the pond, is on American for example, then I add a car, the car choice comes up separately and the booking is not giving a deposit option.

ive also seen that doing the flight only then add car is cheaper than the same flights and car as fly/drive

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.