Wiki Posts
Search

GGL and CCR level enhancements?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2019, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
GGL and CCR level enhancements?

I know there are two separate threads on these topics but both appear to have gone stale... especially the GGL one.

Given there were rumours of real enhancements in the past year, the only improvement I have seen so far is the additional lounge guest privileges for GGL.

For CCR I have seen nothing yet. Still received two separate cards on renewal last month. Still being asked to show my CCR at the Concorde lounge... not that that is an enhancement anyway.

Anyone know if there are any real enhancements coming this year?
Vasco Pridat likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
GGL have been given the ability to guest up to 5 guests, rather than 2 previously.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:05 am

Programs: BA executive club
Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
IFor CCR I have seen nothing yet. Still received two separate cards on renewal last month. Still being asked to show my CCR at the Concorde lounge... not that that is an enhancement anyway.

Recently I presented my CE boarding pass at the Concorde lounge. The lounge agent referred me to the Galleries Club lounge. I mentioned that I just came from a BA First flight. She replied 'Oh I see that you are a gold card member, you can use the First lounge'. I repeated that I came from a BA First flight and she replied ' I cannot see that', just go over to the First lounge. I replied that I also had a Concorde Room card. She said that she could not see that on her screen. I then showed as well the boarding card from my earlier First flight (which she never requested to see) as my CCR card. I then asked (as a joke) if I could invite two guests into the CCR lounge since I qualified twice. She replied that she had no idea but that she would inquire. I replied : ' just leave it for now as I have no guests yet'.
So I think that it is still business as usual in the CCR. Sometimes a rather bizarre welcome but once you are in the lounge the staff are usually very friendly and helpful. The drinks are still very good. The food is of mediocre quality and declining (IMHO).
Vasco Pridat and nancypants like this.

Last edited by Trippelone; Apr 8, 2019 at 7:06 am Reason: typing error
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:15 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Of course you could have just shown her your CCR card and BP and avoided the back and forth!
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:15 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Trippelone
Sometimes a rather bizarre welcome .
I guess you were winding her up in return for her initial answers, but still it's not going to get you a much sought after CWS De-escalation Badge. This sounds like the reception from the entrance by the passageway between Flounge and the GC escalator, and 80% of people simply aren't aware that they need to go up the escalator/across the passageway and aren't aware of the stately pleasuredome that exists past the reception desk. It's even worse at the door by South Security.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
I then asked (as a joke) if I could invite two guests into the CCR lounge since I qualified twice.
GGL in F can guest 2 anyway regardless of your CCR card.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:28 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Recently I presented my CE boarding pass at the Concorde lounge. The lounge agent referred me to the Galleries Club lounge. I mentioned that I just came from a BA First flight. She replied 'Oh I see that you are a gold card member, you can use the First lounge'. I repeated that I came from a BA First flight and she replied ' I cannot see that', just go over to the First lounge. I replied that I also had a Concorde Room card. She said that she could not see that on her screen. I then showed as well the boarding card from my earlier First flight (which she never requested to see) as my CCR card. I then asked (as a joke) if I could invite two guests into the CCR lounge since I qualified twice. She replied that she had no idea but that she would inquire. I replied : ' just leave it for now as I have no guests yet'.
So I think that it is still business as usual in the CCR.
No need for doing anything complicated to test whether the system was showing the CCR card now.

Last time I was there, I asked the lounge guardian outright, after I presented my CE boarding pass and showed her the CCR card, if she could actually see my CCR entitlement in the system because there was a rumour floating around that the system had been updated to show the CCR card status. She confirmed she couldn't.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:32 am

Programs: BA executive club
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Of course you could have just shown her your CCR card and BP and avoided the back and forth!
Of course, I know, but I just wanted to check out if she could identify me as a CCR card holder by just looking at the green tick on her screen as there have been people reporting here that this was now a fact. For me, it is not yet the case. For the record, I still consider the CCR as one of the best lounges in the world taking also into account the service provided by the excellent staff (especially once they get to know you).
Vasco Pridat likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:41 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I still get charged for my cup of tea on my domestic ET trips. Winds me up something rotten considering how much money I spend on booking flights generally the day before departure.

Getting a cup of tea for free would be the best GGL enhancement I could think of. I could drink £50 of champagne in the lounge - and my 5 guests could do the same - but a cup of tea onboard? That'll be £2.80 sir
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
There were a few members who seemed certain that new benefits were on the way as part of some degree of refresh. That was over a year ago and I've not noticed anything except the lounge access. Is the "refresh" still on the cards or has that all gone quiet now?

Seems the focus from BA appears to be more about onboard improvements in premium cabins which is very welcome too.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 8:02 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
I still get charged for my cup of tea on my domestic ET trips. Winds me up something rotten considering how much money I spend on booking flights generally the day before departure.

Getting a cup of tea for free would be the best GGL enhancement I could think of. I could drink £50 of champagne in the lounge - and my 5 guests could do the same - but a cup of tea onboard? That'll be £2.80 sir

yes, this. it still enrages me to have to pay for beverages in economy on short haul with my status and spend etc etc.

i dont see why they cant be like AA who offer executive platinums (OW emeralds) a complimentary alcoholic beverage and snack on short haul domestic sectors where BoB is available.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 2:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB

Received my card today - previous ones didn’t have this....

ASHFlyer likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 6:48 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Airprox
GGL in F can guest 2 anyway regardless of your CCR card.
that's no longer in the agent's spreadsheet... on two occasions within a month when travelling F as GGL I was told only one guest was allowed... second guest was allowed as an "exception". really annoying as one would've thought it was a simple logic to implement in their system!
Old Apr 12, 2019, 1:45 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by our_kid

Received my card today - previous ones didn’t have this....

Well that's odd. I qualified for GGL+CCR in March and received a GGL card but not a CCR card.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 2:25 am

Programs: BA GGLFL, EK Gold
Originally Posted by abligh
Well that's odd. I qualified for GGL+CCR in March and received a GGL card but not a CCR card.
I would not worry about that - I don't think I have ever received the two cards (GGL and CCR) at the same time. Last year BA didn't send me a CCR card at the start of the new year and then, when after a couple of months I asked them to send a new one, they sent me two...
Vasco Pridat likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.