Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GGL and CCR level enhancements?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2019, 3:52 am

Programs: BA GGL, EY Plat, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by our_kid

Received my card today - previous ones didn’t have this....

Does the card not give access to the DXB Concorde Room?
nancypants likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 3:54 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by rjb001

Does the card not give access to the DXB Concorde Room?
No, however I think the confusion is justified and exists for passengers and staff! The CCR card has only ever been for JFK/LHR T5.

My now expired card does not have the new labelling as in the picture.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 5:24 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NRGsaver
I would not worry about that - I don't think I have ever received the two cards (GGL and CCR) at the same time. Last year BA didn't send me a CCR card at the start of the new year and then, when after a couple of months I asked them to send a new one, they sent me two...
If you are an existing GGL then the timing will be different for the cards. The GGL card will be issued just after your anniversary date every year, whereas as soon as you hit 5000 TPs during your membership year you should be sent a new CCR card.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 6:43 am

Programs: SK EBS / BA Silver / BMI Gold / KLM Silver
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
I still get charged for my cup of tea on my domestic ET trips. Winds me up something rotten considering how much money I spend on booking flights generally the day before departure.

Getting a cup of tea for free would be the best GGL enhancement I could think of. I could drink £50 of champagne in the lounge - and my 5 guests could do the same - but a cup of tea onboard? That'll be £2.80 sir
I still remember the feel good factor of the free sandwich and tea on BMI for status pax
Old Apr 12, 2019, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by KARFA
If you are an existing GGL then the timing will be different for the cards. The GGL card will be issued just after your anniversary date every year, whereas as soon as you hit 5000 TPs during your membership year you should be sent a new CCR card.
I've heard that many a time but I must say neither my partner nor myself ever received our ccr card when we re-qualified for it. In both cases, it's only been months later, after the new standard year started (and in fact always after receiving the new ggl card!). Not sure why but that's over 10 data points over our two accounts while I know other people who always get it exactly like you as they cross the 5000 tps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.