Avios compensation delay - What to do?

Old Apr 8, 19, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Avios compensation delay - What to do?

Hi all,

I was on a BA flight SIN-LHR a month ago and due to IFE issues I complained and was offered 3,000 Avios by customer services.

These have not appeared in my account, I have contacted customer services and was informed dont worry it is paid in within 21 days. So I waited for the 21 days and low and behold my avios did not appear so I contacted customer services again using the online portal, heard nothing. It has been almost 30 days now and I am not particularly impressed.

From your experiences is it better to phone up and complain? Have any of you had similar issues?

Thanks for the help,

FC
Old Apr 8, 19, 8:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by flyingcrazy View Post
From your experiences is it better to phone up and complain? Have any of you had similar issues?
When I was offered 10k Avios for a seriously annoying nixed connection (regaled in the EC261 thread) I noticed the Avios before I noticed Customer Relation's reply. So I think something has gone wrong here. So yes I would ring up Customer Relations, UK afternoon office hours, and see if they can fix it for you. Have the original incident number to hand.
Old Apr 8, 19, 8:31 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by flyingcrazy View Post
What to do?
Forget about it and move on with your life?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: