Wiki Posts
Search

QF tier points and Avios

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2019, 11:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
QF tier points and Avios

Just had a QF domestic flight post on my account and it was not as I expected... no tier points and no Avios (see attached). I’m confused having just consulted the master thread. Any thoughts on what might have happened? Thanks in anticipation!

Last edited by BAECAddict; Apr 8, 2019 at 12:31 am
Old Apr 8, 2019, 12:10 am

I don't know much about QF but in order for others to help it may be good to include how it posted. e.g.:

BAECAddict likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 12:12 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
If it was fare bucket E from memory that does not earn on BA
Old Apr 8, 2019, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by Diver Boy
If it was fare bucket E from memory that does not earn on BA
This. There are several QF codes that don't earn. I've had Travel Agent booked flights (by clients) that give me nothing and the only way to be sure is to check the exact booking class against the earning table.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 12:33 am
Original Poster

Thanks, all! I managed to attach the posting as hypercrypt suggested and indeed it is an E class booking. B**ger. Makes no odds to me, but looks like Mrs BAECAddict will be going on a tier point run when we get back from hols!!
Old Apr 8, 2019, 1:14 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
https://www.wheretocredit.com/qantas-airways/e seems to say it earns nothing in any other FFP except possibly in QFF
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:12 am

Of course, QF's site makes it impossible to know how many points you get as the fare bucket isn't disclosed during booking.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 8:29 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Some person
Of course, QF's site makes it impossible to know how many points you get as the fare bucket isn't disclosed during booking.
A simple approach would be to avoid "Red e-Deal" fare when making a domestic booking.
watersign likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.