Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CW / F Upgrade (Or not)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2019, 4:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
You also will get more Avios points for the F flight (210) rather than the C fare (140)

The other thing to consider is I've found that often the resultant upgraded F fare becomes refundable (for a fee, usually £300), whereas if you upgrade only to business the fare usually remains non-refundable (though you can change the flights for a fee). So if having some flexibility to cancel and get your money back is important, check the upgraded terms (scroll down after you select the upgrade, but before you pay). I would also recommend taking a screen shot of the cancel/change terms if you go for it - just in case!
Old Apr 9, 2019, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Sorry about the delay in replying, I'd hit the maximum number of posts I could make in 24 hours, as I have only recently joined the forum.

I booked the flight back from HKG to LHR in F
(1) So I could start off the new Tier year with a good haul of points
(2) To enjoy the lounge in HK
(3) To get a decent bed on the redeye back to London

In terms of the flight from LHR to HKG, I am still undecided, one of the things that may sway me, is if I get a chance to hit 2500 Tier points this year (The London to HK flight will be my last of the year and might make the difference between getting the free upgrade or not - although I have no idea how much that's really worth)

I'm still working out my trips for the year, so will see how things go and hopefully the price won't rise any time soon

Thanks for the advice from everyone so far.
squawk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.