MAN airport security disaster

Old Apr 7, 2019, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA
Isn't that the same at all airports? At least I'd hope so...

(Okay, perhaps not disciplinary action, but the idea behind it)
Old Apr 7, 2019, 8:45 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I believe the g4s are trained at or near Man and hence the staff are under constant HQ scrutiny
Old Apr 7, 2019, 9:35 pm

Programs: All the usual suspects
Originally Posted by ecaarch
I've never NOT had secondary screening at T3 at MAN. I'm one of those people that does everything like I'm supposed to - no liquids with me at all, pockets totally empty, belt off (in case it trips the detector), mobile in the carry-on, laptop out of the bag, etc etc etc. And I get secondary at MAN. Every time.
+1 on this, last time it was my Anker power pack they wanted to re-screen, maybe technically my fault if they have a local rule I was unaware of, but I've never had to separate that at any other airport in the world.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 10:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
It was through there yesterday morning and it was as busy as I have seen it although I felt the staff were working very hard to deal with the numbers.

What I never understand is why there is surprise on the part of those running security at the numbers which, with a bit of forethought and effort, are entirely predictable throughout the whole day.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 11:02 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
As we have diverged some considerable distance from anything to do with BA, we’ll close the thread at this point.

Members who wish to continue to share their experiences of security at MAN might wish to do so in an existing thread in the UK & Ireland forum: Oh the joys of Manchester security....

/mod

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.